We are looking for a Production Manager Trainee for a growing team at a manufacturing and distribution company in Winter Haven, FL. American Builders Supply is Florida’s largest independent supplier of lumber, truss, doors, and windows with locations in Jacksonville, Sanford, Clermont, Melbourne, Winter Haven, Tampa, and Fort Myers.
- Provides a hands-on leadership presence, scheduling of personnel and directing of day-to-day production operations.
- Coordinates all day to day activities including stocking, receiving, and inventory control functions to ensure alignment of duties for the entire manufacturing facility.
- Supervises and monitors work assignments, workflow, performance, and work standards, accuracy, and productivity
- Support Management Team with administrative duties including recruiting, testing, new hire orientation, payroll record keeping, and reporting, employee appraisals and reviews, progressive discipline issues (counseling, oral and written warnings), and employee terminations.
- Supervises and oversees the maintenance of equipment and repairs. Ensures that production personnel have safe, efficient equipment in order to perform daily functions efficiently.
- Supervises and oversees continuous improvement of manufacturing processes and procedures to improve efficiency
- Assisting in the scheduling of production and delivery
- Assisting with all other related duties
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Good administrative proficiency and customer service skills
· Proficient with Microsoft Office word and excel
· Outstanding organizational skills and ability to multitask
· Bachelor’s Degree – Preferred, not required
· Industry knowledge - preferred, not required
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines within a fast-paced environment
· Lean/5S experience in a manufacturing/distribution setting --Preferred, not required
· Ability to lead, empower and develop personnel
- Health Care Benefits
- Paid Time Off
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
American Builders Supply is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or political affiliation.