FARO® is the world leader in 3D imaging and measurement systems. We are a global company traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange with a passion for excellence and success. We are proud to be recognized among Fortune’s 100 Fastest-Growing Companies. In order to accelerate the growth of our new product portfolio, Faro Technologies is growing new positions in our Research and Development team.
The Salesforce Manager is responsible for managing a team of Salesforce specialists in the areas of design, analysis, development/coding, testing, debugging and documenting configuration and programming assignments to satisfy business requirements. The primary job within this role is to focus on the software development lifecycle for new software solutions, and supporting existing ones already in production, in close collaboration with business stakeholders.
- An open mind for new ideas and methodologies
- Leading edge technology
- A dynamic team of engineering, sales and marketing professionals to work with
- Bachelor's Degree in business, computer information systems, management information systems computer science or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in managing Salesforce teams.
- Working experience and knowledge of end-to-end Salesforce software and systems solution delivery from design, development, and transition into production operations and maintenance.
- Demonstrated discipline, analytical skills, problem-solving abilities and attention to details.
- Demonstrated ability to understand system capabilities and ability to find ways to improve system utilization.
- Strong leadership and management skills. Specific skills include facilitating change, driving operational excellence, and striving for continuous improvement.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management in a deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to learn, demonstrate and apply knowledge of the business over to solutions and processes
- Salesforce platform including Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, and Service Cloud
- Salesforce development environment and tools
- Software Project Management tools, preferably JIRA
- Salesforce.com best practices and functionality
How you will make a difference @ FARO:
- Lead and manage the Salesforce Team across activities and tasks related to projects, enhancements, customization, and end-user support. This also includes driving the necessary efforts related to the configuration and integration of associated third-party tools and applications.
- Closely collaborate on technical improvements and enhancements to FARO’s Salesforce systems with internal Sales, Marketing, Finance, Total Quality Management, and Customer Support stakeholders and third-party partners.
- Oversee and manage changes to Salesforce systems configuration including security, custom objects and other customizations, validation rules, page layouts, and more through the formal Change Management and Change Control process.
- Oversee and manage the creation and maintenance of custom reports, views, code, dashboards, and custom objects.
- Oversee and manage mass data updates to Salesforce products as required and in relation to other FARO platforms and third-party applications.
- Evaluate new Salesforce releases to determine functionality requirements. Lead change management throughout the delivery of the new releases by providing detailed information on how changes will apply to all affected stakeholder groups.
- Oversee and assign to the team incoming change requests from inception through delivery, maintaining business stakeholders aware of status and impact on business processes.
- Participate and consult in the delivery of training materials of Salesforce related processes for business and operational users as necessary following changes and enhancements.
- Participate and when necessary lead Salesforce centered projects in collaboration with business stakeholders, other IT groups, and third-party partners.
- Work with heterogeneous project teams to interpret and design enterprise applications and/or assist in the research, purchase and support of industry standard applications for business enhancements.
- Oversee and participate with other stakeholders in the development and execution of testing procedures to ensure the quality of the design and development of solutions.
- Lead cross departmental teams for prioritization and consistent value delivery of Salesforce features and enhancements.
- Ensure effective response to application issues and resolution in the event of application outages.
- Oversee technical application enhancements, troubleshooting, corrections for production problems, recommendations for improvement and coordination with other IT groups for problem resolution.
- Help govern all application production environments with documented protocols and procedures - change management, release management, problem management and incident management.
- Help Implement Salesforce best practices for proactive system monitoring and measurement.
- Continuous lifting of very lightweight materials, some lightweight lifting, and occasional lifting of average to heavy weight materials of over 60 lbs. Occasional pushing, pulling, reaching, climbing and upper body and arm rotation. Some bending, stooping and standing. Continuous sitting. Occasional use of hazardous chemicals.
- Speak and prepare oral and written communication clearly and effectively, fostering open communication, listen to others, and deliver presentations.
- Act with integrity, demonstrate adaptability, and develop self through learning and feedback.
- Convey a sense of urgency, persistence, and commitment.
- Think strategically, analyze issues, use sound judgment, and innovate.
What FARO can offer you:
FARO has excellent benefits for you and your family. We not only care for our employees but also to their immediate family members. We believe in a balanced work-life and have developed programs and benefits plans to support that ethic, such as:
- A competitive paid time off bank and paid holidays
- Medical, dental, life and AD&D insurance plans
- Pre-tax flex spending accounts for medical and dependent care
- 401K with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement and training opportunities
- Wellness fairs
- Frequent lunch and learns to help educate employees about various issues affecting their lives
- Other employee events
FARO Technologies is a Drug Free Workplace with Pre-Employment Drug Screening. We provide equal employment [and affirmative action] opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.