FARO® is the world leader in 3D imaging and measurement systems. We are a global company traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange with a passion for excellence and success. We are proud to be recognized among Fortune’s 100 Fastest-Growing Companies. In order to accelerate the growth of our new product portfolio, Faro Technologies is growing new positions in our Research and Development team.
The Salesforce Senior Developer is responsible for the design and development of complex enterprise solutions. As an important technical resource, he or she will be integral in the definition of the Salesforce technical solutions, the design of the applications and integrations design, and the development and support of solutions following the software development life cycle.
- An open mind for new ideas and methodologies
- Leading edge technology
- A dynamic team of engineering, sales and marketing professionals to work with
- Bachelor's Degree in business, computer information systems, management information systems computer science or related field.
- 4+years of total IT experience with at least 4+ years of Salesforce project development experience.
- Strong Salesforce customization and configuration experience. At least one or more of the following five Salesforce modules: Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Salesforce Communities and knowledge.
- Hands on development experience using Salesforce configuration and customizations using Apex, Visualforce, Triggers, Scheduled and Batch classes etc.,
- Proven integration experience using integration techniques - REST, SOAP APIs, oAuth and Single Sign-On.
- Ability to migrate Salesforce classic features to Lightning experience, including converting Visualforce pages to lightning components and / or using Lightning Design System with Visualforce pages.
- Knowledge of Product Development Lifecycle and DevOps Tools like GIT, Jenkins, JIRA etc.
- A thorough understanding of Salesforce Deployment Process and tools like ANT, Change Sets and Force.com IDE.
- Strong preference for candidates who are Salesforce.com certified in the following areas - Certified Platform Developer I, Certified Platform Developer II.
- Strong leadership and management skills. Specific skills include facilitating change, driving operational excellence, and striving for continuous improvement.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management in a deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to learn, demonstrate and apply knowledge of the business over to solutions and processes
- Salesforce platform including Sales Cloud and Service Cloud
- Salesforce development environment and tools
- Software Project Management tools, preferably JIRA
- Salesforce.com best practices and functionality
How you will make a difference @ FARO:
- Lead and participate in the development of client solutions using Force.com, APEX, Visualforce, and other related technologies.
- Interface with clients and prospects to convey and validate the design of solutions based on business requirements. Collaborate with project teams on partner solution design.
- Participate in storyboarding and overall solution design. Recommend alternate approaches, define technical impacts, and provide sizing estimates.
- Interact with Salesforce.com and Salesforce.com-certified service partners on solution development.
- Follow an iterative software development methodology and contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle and support.
- Define development and packaging methodology for Salesforce.com application development.
- Articulate technical strategies and project statuses to technical and business stakeholders.
- Prepare documentation including requirements, design documentation, test-cases and other documentation as required through the software development and project lifecycle.
- Mentor and train, formally and informally, junior and mid-level resources.
- Adhere to, and enforce when necessary, the appropriate information security policies based on the sensitivity of company data. Report any security related issues.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Collaborate on the integrations between Salesforce and external applications using REST, SOAP APIs, OAuth and Single Sign-On.
- Oversee the migration of changes from development to test to production environment(s) using approved tools and methodologies.
- Participate in daily standup meetings, analyze assign user stories, identify/resolve gaps in functional user stories/business requirements,
- Perform independent code reviews and write unit/integration test cases to achieve 85% test coverage.
- Continuous lifting of very lightweight materials, some lightweight lifting, and occasional lifting of average to heavy weight materials of over 60 lbs. Occasional pushing, pulling, reaching, climbing and upper body and arm rotation. Some bending, stooping and standing. Continuous sitting. Occasional use of hazardous chemicals.
- Speak and prepare oral and written communication clearly and effectively, fostering open communication, listen to others, and deliver presentations.
- Act with integrity, demonstrate adaptability, and develop self through learning and feedback.
- Convey a sense of urgency, persistence, and commitment.
- Think strategically, analyze issues, use sound judgment, and innovate.
What FARO can offer you:
FARO has excellent benefits for you and your family. We not only care for our employees but also to their immediate family members. We believe in a balanced work-life and have developed programs and benefits plans to support that ethic, such as:
- A competitive paid time off bank and paid holidays
- Medical, dental, life and AD&D insurance plans
- Pre-tax flex spending accounts for medical and dependent care
- 401K with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement and training opportunities
- Wellness fairs
- Frequent lunch and learns to help educate employees about various issues affecting their lives
- Other employee events
FARO Technologies is a Drug Free Workplace with Pre-Employment Drug Screening. We provide equal employment [and affirmative action] opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.