Legal Scheduler - Workers Compensation
Workers Compensation Legal Assistant & Scheduler
· Location: Orlando FL 32801
· Salary: $35-40K
· Duration: Temp to perm after 520 hours
· Schedule: 8am-5pm, 1 hr lunch
· Benefits: Health insurance (paid 100% by company!), Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Retirement plan, Paid time off
Law Firm in the Downtown Orlando area seeking a legal assistant to provide a range of legal and administrative support. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, detail oriented and work well under pressure with the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and have pride in work product. This is a fast-paced position that requires critical thinking skills, and the ability to problem-solve. In addition, this role must work collaboratively with attorneys and staff at all levels to achieve goals.
A very large portion of the job is going to be scheduling and calendaring, along with opening of files and follow up. Candidates have to have strong Workers Compensation scheduling and must be comfortable in a somewhat repetitive role. Not seeking an advanced paralegal.
· 2 years prior scheduling experience as a Legal Assistant
· Prior experience in a worker’s compensation law firm highly preferred.
· Litigation experience preferred
· Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Adobe Acrobat and Dropbox or other shared cloud storage.
· Skilled typing ability (minimum 60 WPM) as well as strong writing, proofreading, spelling and grammar skills.
· Ability to interact effectively with the public, clients, and employees; maintain confidentiality and use discretion and tact; work independently in the absence of specific instruction.
· Ability to identify urgent tasks and to prioritize accordingly
· Strong strategic thinking and decision-making skills
· Able to practice appropriate office etiquette
· Ability to manage their time and multitask effectively
· Able to display problem-solving skills by developing methods or approaches to getting the work done
· Ability to maintain composure and professionalism under pressure
· Ability to adapt to new situations and changing priorities