VP Demand Generation
Vice President, Demand Generation
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is at the center of the changing landscape of education. Our investment and focus on digital solutions sets us up to fulfill the needs of educators and students, and that attention on digital will continue to deepen in the coming years.
HMH is looking for a seasoned demand generation expert to join our Digital Marketing team. The Vice President will build, lead, and grow HMH’s lead generation programs end-to-end, including strategy, operations, systems, and analysis, leveraging digital channels to help build our sales pipeline. This position will manage and motivate a team of marketing professionals who support the programs.
On a day-to-day basis, this role will oversee the development and deployment of integrated marketing campaigns customized to audience segments. This leader will be tasked with measuring and improving Marketing’s contribution to revenue via optimization in strategy and processes, and by leveraging our marketing stack to its fullest capabilities. A successful candidate for this role will have experience scaling demand generation, have hands-on experience with marketing automation platforms and their capabilities, including lead scoring, and knowledge across marketing channels.
This is an opportunity for a qualified leader to come in with a new vision and build. Are you that person?
- Manage the buyer and influencer journey and ensure that we are reaching and engaging with all of our prospects.
- Implement inbound and outbound campaigns incorporating email marketing, SEO, SEM, social, video, web, display, live/digital events, etc.; closely monitor conversion rates and optimize campaigns.
- Own lead nurturing programs and optimize them towards opportunity development and, ultimately, closed sales.
- Develop and adapt content distribution plans across marketing channels that lead to opportunity creation & pipeline acceleration.
- Establish, track and optimize lead-to-opportunity process to achieve increased marketing qualified leads; work with Revenue Operations, IT and Sales to develop lead management within Salesforce to enable tracking pipeline activities from MQL to SQL to close.
- Utilize industry-leading demand generation best practices to execute, track, evaluate and report the impact of marketing.
- Improve various marketing qualification procedures including lead scoring
- Evaluate and drive the implementation of tools and technology that will enable campaign innovation through cross functional collaboration with Sales and IT.
- Build and manage a strong team tasked with building, measuring and advocating for their programs
- Partner closely with Product Marketing, Content, Customer Success, Revenue Operations, Sales and IT
- 8+ years of marketing operations experience in corporate environment or with agency; B2B or B2I experience a must
- 5 + years leading a team
- Hands-on experience with major marketing automation platforms such as Eloqua, Pardot, HubSpot or Marketo and their lead scoring capabilities
- Hands-on experience with Salesforce and the Salesforce ecosystem
- Strong analytical skills, data analysis, A/B testing, and reporting.
- Experience building omni-channel campaigns
- Strong sense of collaboration across the organization
- Self-starting, proactive, resourceful approach to work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, the ability to think creatively and use sound judgment when making business decisions
- Results-driven, self-motivated, organized, proactive, collaborative.
- Bachelor's degree
- Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing).
- The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning company dedicated to changing people’s lives by fostering passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K–12 education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children's books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world.