Airline Baggage Handler
- Full Time
The Airline Baggage Handler will verify passenger boarding pass with their checked bag and move the bags to the security screening induction system.
This is a physically demanding position which requires on-the-job security training and the ability to receive all applicable airport security badges.
- Communicating effectively and clearly. Asking each passenger the safety and security questions
- Loading passenger luggage onto the security screening induction belt
- Working closely with the Airline ticket counter agents
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Be authorized to work in the United States
- Must be able to clear a background and drug screen
- Must be able to lift up to up to 75 lbs consistently throughout the shift
- Ability to stand, stoop, bend, push, pull throughout entire shift
- Experience in customer service preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills using appropriate grammar, tone, and pronunciation to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Complete all required training including airport compliance
- Able to obtain an airport badge
Employees are expected at all times to present a professional business-like image, even when working behind the scenes. It is the policy of the Company that each employee’s dress, grooming, and personal hygiene should be appropriate to the work situation and be consistent with the Company’s business standards.
- For all male employees a fully grown in, well-maintained mustache, beard or goatee is permitted
- Facial hair must be neatly trimmed at one-fourth of an inch in length and may not present an unkempt appearance
- No visible tattoos or body piercings are allowed. Any tattoos must be covered by your uniform or other means agreed upon by management.
- Clean & well-maintained approved uniforms must be worn on shift
- Additional requirements as specified by management
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers and to communicate with customers and fellow employees. The employee is frequently required to sit; reach with hands and arms; stand; walk. The employee is also frequently required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch. In addition, the employee is required to of twist, turn, stretch, and bend on a frequent basis. The employee must be able to lift and move up to 75 pounds regularly. The employee must be able to move in a relatively quick manner. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision and Ability to adjust focus.