If you're looking for the chance to learn, grow, and make a contribution to the community, look at employment opportunities with Full Sail University. You'll find your choice of career opportunities, great benefits, an environment that welcomes and values creativity, and a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding!
The Information Technology degree program is focused on interconnecting software and cloud-based services, IT automation, data management, information security, and systems engineering. Lab Specialists may be required to teach both on-campus and online. All positions are full time, on-campus in Winter Park, FL.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create an environment of learning through effective teaching skills, maintain student-centered focus, and update curriculum to keep current and relevant to industry standards.
- Utilize a variety of teaching strategies and encourage active learning.
- Facilitate labs for campus courses and hold scheduled virtual meetings for online courses.
- Interact positively with diverse student populations; provide all students with equal opportunities for learning.
- Provide timely, regular responses and constructive feedback to students to support the learning process.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the industry, maintain knowledge and skill relevancy through continuing education as defined in the faculty development plan.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of Full Sail University
- Maintains strict confidentiality of student and company information
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Adheres to company attendance standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to explain complex concepts in simple terms
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading and editing for grammar and punctuation
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task while working independently or collaboratively with other teachers and university staff
- Ability to interact with students and staff at all levels in a fast-paced environment
Education and/or Experience:
The ideal candidate must have either a minimum of four (4) years related and verifiable work experience in information technology or related field; OR, hold a Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in a related field of Information Technology, Information Security, Computer Science, Engineering, or other related technical degree. Requirements will be varied based on our Accrediting Commission (ACCSC).
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Industry certifications are a plus (Amazon, Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA, etc.)
- Proficiency using software programs such as MS Word, Excel, Keynote/PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience with installation and configuration of Linux and Windows servers is preferred
- Proficiency with desktop and/or enterprise virtualization software is preferred
- Essential programming skills (Python, Powershell, shell scripting, etc.) is preferred
- Knowledge of HTTP API standards and configuration management automation tools is a plus
- Experience with cloud (Amazon, Azure or Google) compute, database, storage, network, IAM and monitoring services is a plus
- Prior training or adult instructional experience preferred, but not required.
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in an office and classroom environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain active student and employee communication; access, input and retrieve information from the computer system. May be subject to; bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and lifting up to thirty (30) pounds.
Full Sail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.