If you're looking for the chance to learn, grow, and make a contribution to the community, look at employment opportunities with Full Sail University. You'll find your choice of career opportunities, great benefits, an environment that welcomes and values creativity, and a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding!
The Information Technology degree program is focused on interconnecting software and cloud-based services, IT automation, data management, information security, and systems engineering. Course Directors may be required to teach both on-campus and online. All positions are full time, on-campus in Winter Park, FL.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create an environment of learning through effective teaching skills, maintain student-centered focus, and update curriculum to keep current and relevant to industry standards.
- Utilize a variety of teaching strategies and encourage active learning.
- Create learning activities, including assignments, tests, quizzes and labs, and assess student outcomes in a timely manner through effective assessment and constructive feedback to students to support the learning process.
- Perform lectures for campus courses, and hold scheduled virtual course meetings for online courses. Teaching will be conducted through on-campus and online delivery.
- Interact positively with diverse student populations; provide all students with equal opportunities for learning.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the industry, maintain knowledge and skill relevancy through continuing education as defined in the faculty development plan.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of Full Sail University
- Maintains strict confidentiality of student and company information
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Adheres to company attendance standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: Oversee associate course directors and lab specialists to ensure the integrity of curriculum and degree learning outcomes.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading and editing for grammar and punctuation
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task while working independently and collaboratively with other teachers and university staff
- Ability to interact professionally and constructively with students and staff at all levels in an immersive, fast paced environment
Education and/or Experience:
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of four (4) years related and verifiable work experience and required to hold a Bachelors degree (Masters preferred) in Information Technology, Information Systems, Information Security, Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Bachelors degree required, Masters preferred.
- Industry certifications are a plus (Amazon, Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA, ITIL, CISSP, etc.)
- Proficiency using software programs such as MS Word, Excel, Keynote/PowerPoint and Outlook
- Essential programming skills (Python, Powershell, shell scripting, etc.) are required
- Knowledge of technical support workflows, regulatory/risk management, information security principles is preferred
- Knowledge of configuration management, automation tools, source code management is preferred
- Experience with cloud (Amazon, Azure or Google) computer, database, storage, network, IAM and monitoring services is a plus
- Experience with IaaS, PaaS and SaaS integrations and architecture is a plus
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in an office and classroom environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain active student and employee communication; access, input and retrieve information from the computer system. May be subject to; bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and lifting up to thirty (30) pounds.
Full Sail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.