Technical Support Specialist
2 days left
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
The Information Technology Department at Rollins College is seeking a full-time, service-oriented Technical Support Specialist for a one (1) year, fixed-term appointment.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Responsible for Tier 2 Support in servicing community computers, printers and classroom media equipment.
- Responsible for the deployment of hardware for users, computer labs and teaching spaces.
- Administers AV support in servicing Rollins events, meetings and classrooms.
- Use the Help Desk tracking system in your daily support to ensure clients get the best possible service and IT meets their service level goals. This includes opening, updating and closing call records in the tracking system.
- Assists the Tier 1 support staff in engaging walk-ups and answering the Help Desk phone line.
- Have a basic knowledge and troubleshooting skills of campus systems.
- Assist in training student assistants as applicable.
- Follow standard operating procedures for the department.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Information Technology provides computing, networking, and technical support services to the Rollins community.
Education and experience required:
- College degree preferred, must have relevant work experience.
- Experience with customer support a necessity, technical experience with computer systems and/or media equipment required.
- Must be a high energy self-starter helping clients in Tier 2 support while providing excellent customer service.
- Troubleshooting skills and resolving hardware and software issues on PCs, Macs and other devices.
- Knowledge of major software packages used by Rollins College.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Knowledge of classroom AV equipment.
- Ability to work with frustrated and difficult users to solve problems and resolve interpersonal issues as needed.
Total Compensation Package:
Rollins offers a competitive salary plus generous benefits package featuring:
The hourly pay rate is $21.86 plus a generous benefits package featuring:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays plus College Closure Days
- Comprehensive Insurance Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- 100% Funded Health Reimbursement Account
- 100% Long and Short Term Disability
- Employer Retirement Contribution
- Award-Winning Wellness Program
- FREE On-Site Parking
- Discounted Meal Plan
- FREE access to campus amenities (ex. gym, library)
- 37.5 hours per week. 7.5 hours per day.
- Working in-person on campus, indoor and outdoor working environment.
- Work requires some visual strain as well as physical activity involving lifting up to 40lbs, bending, stooping, stretching, standing and walking.
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule including being punctual and able to work extended hours as needed. Overtime may be required as needed.
- Changes in work time schedule is necessary due to academic year requisites.
Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, please submit an application and upload the following materials:
- Cover Letter
Screening of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Rollins seeks to foster and to model a campus environment that is welcoming, safe, and inclusive to all of our administrators, faculty, staff, and students. We view differences (e.g. nationality, race, gender, age, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, physical ability, learning styles, perspectives, etc.) not as obstacles to be overcome but as rich opportunities for understanding, learning, and growth.
Through its mission, Rollins College is firmly committed to creating a just community that embraces multiculturalism; persons from historically under-represented minority groups are therefore encouraged to apply. Rollins does not discriminate on the basis of sex, disability, race, age, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical characteristics, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law, in its educational programs and activities.