Facilities Maintenance Technician (Building and Grounds A)
Performs a variety of highly skilled facilities maintenance responsibilities associated with ensuring operational efficiency and effectiveness of LYNX facilities and passenger/transit amenities.
- Performs work relative to installation, renovation, construction, repair, maintenance, and preventative maintenance inspections of buildings, premises, and property.
- Performs complex electrical, plumbing, carpentry, welding, hydraulic, pneumatic, heating, refrigeration, ventilating, air conditioning, and other facilities maintenance work.
- Diagnoses problems and makes repairs or replacements of worn or defective parts of equipment.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, schematics, and technical manuals pertaining to facilities and equipment installed and serviced.
- Surveys work requirements; measures and calculates materials, labor, and systems requirements; prepares materials lists and carries out required tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Measures and installs pipes, fittings, and fixtures for heaters, fans, water and drainage systems; cuts and threads pipes; assembles and installs valves and fittings; joins and caulks pipes; replaces washers; mends pipes; and opens drains.
- Cuts and installs windows and doors; installs walls, light fixtures, and ceilings; builds and installs counters, cabinets, and partitions; verifies structure trueness using plumb bob and level; installs or replaces door knobs and locks.
- Patches concrete and asphalt paving; patches asphalt roofs; repairs pit boards and gratings in garages.
- Moves furniture and office equipment.
- Safely operates electrical and air powered tools, pipe fittings, welding, hydraulic, pneumatic, and other mechanical tools, equipment, and/or heavy equipment assigned to the department.
- Textures walls; paints interiors and exteriors of existing or remodeled premises; lays out and paints parking or traffic lanes and signs; repaints or fabricates route signs.
- Repairs or removes bus shelters, benches, signs and poles; provides general maintenance and upkeep of these facilities.
- Installs or makes repairs to lights and electrical systems in bus shelters;
- Records completed maintenance tasks on work orders; uses computer terminal for data entry, inquiry and modification.
- Performs other duties as may be required or assigned.
- High School diploma or General Education diploma (GED).
- Two years of full time training or education at a trade school or apprenticeship program in a directly related area.
- Three years of full‐time experience performing carpentry, facilities construction and maintenance work, or mechanical equipment maintenance.
- An additional two years of full‐time experience performing carpentry, facilities construction and maintenance work, or mechanical equipment maintenance beyond the minimum required may be substituted for one year of full time training or education at a trade school or apprenticeship program.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Florida driver’s license and safe driving record.
Certification in 608 for A/C systems