Accounting Clerk - EFT/ACH
McCoy is a Credit Union that CARES about the communities we serve!
We are searching for a talented, enthusiastic individual to join our team. Our Accounting Clerk will be processing EFT files, conducting research and assisting with various duties. Our accounting department is critical to our service levels and integral in supporting our Mission, Vision and Values.
- Process incoming and outgoing EFT files, notices, adjustments and stop payments.
- Monitor established EFT risk controls
- Balance with Federal Reserve and internal general ledger system daily
- Research and answer member and branch inquiries
- Process reclamations from federal government agencies and other originators within appropriate time frames
- Complete daily functions accurately and within the deadlines of the department
- Prepare, download, distribute, process and balance daily totals, adjustments and outages from various systems to credit union departments
- Monitor foreign items
- Designated lead on annual projects
- Assist with annual audits
- Reconcile general ledger accounts
- Review for accuracy and release wire transfers
- Complete additional duties as assigned
- Develop and maintain eft procedures where needed
- Reconcile individual share draft and ACH transaction activity for rejected, posted, and returned items daily
- Assist with month end and quarterly reports
- Willingness to work with multiple people on a team to complete daily tasks.
- Able to meet deadlines and work in a fast paced environment.
- Able to manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Ability to work with multiple departments and branches.
- Must be trustworthy, conscientious, courteous, of stable temperament, self-motivated, highly organized and be highly accountable for personal conduct, actions and decisions.
- Must demonstrate willingness to take action within the scope of credit union policies and procedural guidelines.
- Previous experience with EFT related regulations including but not limited to Regulation E, and NACHA Rules desired.
- Willingness to be part of the Accounting Department's Disaster Recovery Team.