Project Manager I, Marketing & Sales
innovate. Be part of a team that is proud to collaborate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable – both in our parks and behind the scenes!
Job Description & Requirements
JOB SUMMARY: Manage all client campaigns through the project lifecycle, including scoping projects and timelines, creating estimates, as well as managing budgets and work-back schedules. Facilitate consistent communication between the agency's Creative, Project Management and Account Management teams, assuring the on-time delivery of all client campaigns to ensure they remain on-budget, on-time and on-quality (tactical).
The Project Manager works closely with vendors/contractors assigned to their campaigns, managing them within scope and budget, as well as assuring their elements are executed on-quality (tactical) and on-time in support of the overarching campaign deliverables. An effective problem solver on a day-to-day basis, the Project Manager must be adept at anticipating problems and recognizing opportunities to realize efficiencies and minimize scope creep and budget waste.
- Project Lifecycle Management
- Leads Project kickoff, presenting key deliverables, initial Spec Sheets, timelines + budgets
- Monitors project budgets + schedules daily
- Catches project scope creep
- Accountable for staying within agreed upon budget and informing all parties of any changes to scope/assumptions/issues that arise
- Manages + updates project work-back schedules
- Identifies and proactively resolves any deliverables that might fall behind schedule
- Manages tactical quality of all client partner deliverables (specs)
Ensures smooth handoff of deliverables from Creative Services to IMCD and IT departments
- Project/Program Administration
- Responsible for the consistent successful facilitation of project(s) from estimation through launch and maintenance
- Manages project transactions (reviews and adjusts) on a weekly basis
- Manages all projects on-quality (tactical), on-time and on-budget
- Vendor Management
- Facilitates estimate development and confirmation of vendor(s) selection and final production schedules for print and production work with Purchasing and when necessary the Studio Print Manager
- Ensures hand off of print/production ready files to vendor(s) for production, with Print Production manager where necessary
- Ensures all project outside costs are accurately represented in WMJ/WorkFront
- Ensure all project outside costs are accurately coded and represented in internal billing systems (i.e. SNAP, SRM, Versa)
- Other duties: Based upon the Agency Account Mapping, this may include assumed responsibilities and tasks associated with other roles that may report up to the Sr. Project Manager, including, but not limited to: Project Manager and/or Project Coordinator (per the Project Management Role Matrix).
- Resource Management
- Alert Senior Management team of any potential concerns or issues with meeting key client deliverables due to resourcing.
- Monitor day to day project activities and resourcing, identifying potential instances of underutilization and actively work with the Practice Leaders to address and solve those issues.
- Arrange weekly meetings with Professional Services Management team to discuss all active projects and potential new business as well as to stay informed of potential issues such as resource and change control matters.
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university required. Preferred degree disciplines: Marketing, Communications, Marketing/Mass Communications, Advertising, Project Management, Business, Organizational Management, Graphic Design, Art Design
EXPERIENCE: 5+ years of experience in corporate environment with focus on developing marketing and advertising messaging strategies and overseeing tactical execution. Preferable experience managing/overseeing at least 1 or more direct reports. Experience with in-house creative agency or marketing/advertising is strongly preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Not required, but PMP or any other Project Management certifications a plus.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Experience with project management workflow software (Workamajig, Basecamp, Workfront, MS Project, etc.) a plus, Workamajig/WorkFront strongly preferred. Proficiency or working knowledge of MAC OS and Adobe Creative Suite also a plus, but not required.
Preferable skills for success in role includes but not limited to:
- Advanced project management skills, including strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple demands simultaneously in fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and problem-solving abilities.
- Thorough understanding of studio/graphic arts and creative workflow processes.
- Strong working knowledge and proven experience with print production processes and techniques (artwork, pre-press, printing.)
- Strong working knowledge and proven experience with digital development and production processes and techniques (web, mobile, social, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge and proven experience with video production processes and techniques (photo/film shoot, AV editing and/or motion graphics development.)
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2021 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE