Senior Manager of Grants
SENIOR MANAGER, GRANTS
The Senior Manager, Grants is responsible for the development, implementation, monitoring, reporting, and compliance oversight of all grants, grant funded activities, and policy/legislative issues impacting grant programs. Provides grantsmanship requiring superior analytical skills, financial creativity, and proficiency in financial management, which are necessary to implement diverse funding programs.
• Supports the LYNX mission and vision through up-to-date knowledge of LYNX priority programs integrated with a holistic approach of analyzing, interpreting, developing and implementing the Authority’s capital improvement program (CIP).
• Provides quality stewardship that emphasizes technical specialization, functional implementation, oversight of regulatory/procedural requirements, and progressive innovation.
• Maintains credibility with grantors and transit agencies for the purpose of working towards common interests relative to grants and legislation for public transportation. Develops policy recommendations based on latest legislative programs to meet the best interest of the Authority.
• Leads triennial and other agency reviews.
• Responsible for FDOT and FTA coordination of all grant related activities within LYNX and monitors the overall quality and responsiveness to FDOT and FTA grant agreements.
• Ensures fiscally responsive operating and capital grants. Coordinates all phases of grant application with federal, state and the MPO to ensure that LYNX’s projects conform with the TIP, STIP, UPWP, and state work programs.
• Ensures that CIP expenditures and funds are programmed in accordance with grant requirements, authority priorities, and procedures. Provides leadership and assistance in all aspects of grants and financial reporting.
• Develops, maintains, and updates the LYNX Cost Allocation Plan. Coordinates FTA approval and LYNX implementation.
• Reviews various government regulations and identifies legislative issues or regulatory changes pertinent to the Authority’s activities. Provides policy recommendations on programs/directives of funding agencies.
• Manages the Authority’s capital improvement program and develops strategies for maximum leveraging of state and federal funds. Assists in the development and recommendation of Authority policies, procedures, and in the evaluation and resolution of funding and financing issues.
• Provides leadership and technical assistance for establishing and maintaining adequate internal controls over all functions that govern implementation of grants. Manages the organization plan, methods, and procedures adopted by the Authority to insure that resources are properly accounted and necessary information is available to grantors.
• Prepares the annual LYNX Capital Improvement Program (CIP) Budget. Ensures that CIP objectives are integrated with organizational priorities and add maximum value to the grants process at the project management or operational levels.
• Ensures that grant billings and federal draws are in accordance with the grant agreements and applicable cost principles.
• Coordinates and ensures completion of necessary requirements during triennial reviews and other FTA and FDOT oversight visits.
• Provides overall direction in competitive proposal development and special projects requiring innovative funding, strategic savings strategies, financial analyses, and project level supports.
• Performs other duties as may be required or assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree from a regionally or nationally accredited institution in Business Administration, Finance, Planning, Economics, Statistics or a closely related field plus five years’ experience in the areas of federal/state legislative activities and policy development, grants management, financial analysis, and internal controls with at least three of the five years directly supervising staff; or a combination of related education, training, and experience.