Winter Haven, FL
Order Type :
(ROADS & DRAINAGE DIVISION)
Shift: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (40 hours/week)
Location: 3000 Sheffield Rd Winter Haven, FL 33880
Must have the physical, developmental, and mental ability to perform job tasks, work efforts, responsibilities and duties of the job illustrated below:
Perform a variety of clerical tasks, including answering telephones, typing documents, filing records and assisting office staff.
• Scanning documents such as memorandums, construction plans, and field books
• Operate office machinery as required (i.e.: personal computers, telephones, copiers, inserter/folder equipment, etc.).
• Perform related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES & SKILLS
• Ability to read and write.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Customer-service skills. Provide general information to company staff, customers, or the public. They should be courteous and prompt with their responses.
• Detail oriented. Perform many clerical tasks that require attention to detail, such as preparing bills.
• Organizational skills. File and retrieve records. They need to keep records organized to be able to access them quickly and efficiently
• Must be a student currently enrolled at an accredited technical/vocational school or college, two year community college or an accredited major college or university system.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must possess a valid Florida driver's license at the time of employment within this classification should it be required by the assigned unit or office.
• A flexible schedule may be implemented if the Student Trainee has classes during a portion of the week.
This position may be required to report for work when a declaration of emergency has been declared in Polk County.