Seminole State College (SSC) is seeking adjunct faculty with a personal and professional commitment to student learning. The successful candidate will join a dynamic, collaborative and diverse faculty educating highly motivated students. SSC is one of the state’s fastest growing colleges with six sites panning Seminole County, enrollment exceeding 30,000 and offering more than 200 degrees and programs, including six bachelor’s degrees. We are recognized for our expert faculty and staff’s unwavering commitment to student success. You'll find the results of their dedicated work reflected in the growing reputation and achievements of the College.
THIS IS A POOL POSITION. Adjunct positions are temporary, part-time and filled based on enrollment. While a posting may exist on our website, there may or may not be a need at this time; however, submitted applications remain active for one academic year and are available for the Department Dean to review on an ongoing basis. The Dean or their designee will contact any applicants selected for interview.
Teaching strategies will be incorporated to foster student learning, success and retention. Adjunct faculty will work with other faculty in support of curricula improvement as appropriate to promote students' success and mastery of course and program competencies. The person in this position will plan, organize and teach classes as assigned. Flexible hours, days and assigned campus location may vary due to enrollment.
- Master's degree in Mathematics or Master's degree with 18 graduate hours in Mathematics and/or Statistics at the 5000 level or above.
- Previous teaching experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of the learing centered approach to teaching.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES & SKILLS:
- A personal and professional commitment to creating an atmosphere of quality instruction at SCC.
- English reading, writing and speaking skills at the native level of fluency.
- Ability to utilize technology and innovative pedagogy to enhance teaching and learning.
- Understanding of and commitment to working with a diverse student population in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to exhibit a professional, courteous demeanor.
This description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Work Environment and Special Considerations:
- Works in a classroom/lab setting.
- Flexible hours, days and assigned campus location may vary due to enrollment.
This position is not eligible for Veterans' Preference.
Conditions of Employment
Finalists and individuals recommended for employment at Seminole State College may be subject to background investigations and fingerprinting in compliance with Florida Statute 1001.64; and Seminole State College Policy 1.020; 2.020. Criminal background checks and fingerprinting will be conducted for all new employees, and for rehired employees who have had a break in service for one year or more. The Office of Human Resources will determine which background checks shall be conducted for each position, based upon its review of job descriptions and the responsibilities of the position. These include, but are not limited to, positions that have access to money, master keys, security-sensitive areas and confidential information; positions that have the capability to create, delete, and alter records; and positions that are responsible for the care and instruction of children. The College will conduct various types of background checks which may include, but are not limited to: criminal background, credit check, driver's license check, previous employment and references.