If you're looking for the chance to learn, grow, and make a contribution to the community, look at employment opportunities with Full Sail University. You'll find your choice of career opportunities, great benefits, an environment that welcomes and values creativity, and a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding!
The goal of the Recording Arts Bachelor of Science degree program is to provide students with the focused skills and knowledge of audio engineering needed to qualify for entry-level industry positions as recording engineers, mix engineers, postproduction and game audio engineers, digital audio workstation operators and programmers, music/effects/dialogue editors, live-production engineers, and a variety of other positions in the audio industry. In addition to technical proficiency and creative development, the education provided through this program will help students develop critical-thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills that contribute to lifelong learning, providing them with tools to help sustain a long and productive professional career in the entertainment and media industries. This position is part time working no more than 20 hours per week, on-campus or online and must be resident in the state of Florida.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create an environment of learning through effective teaching skills, maintain student-centered focus, and update curriculum to keep current and relevant to industry standards.
- Utilize a variety of teaching strategies and encourage active learning.
- Create learning activities, including assignments, tests, quizzes and labs, and assess student outcomes in a timely manner through effective assessment and constructive feedback to students to support the learning process.
- Perform lectures for campus courses, and hold scheduled virtual course meetings for online courses. Teaching will be conducted through on-campus and online delivery.
- Interact positively with diverse student populations; provide all students with equal opportunities for learning.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the industry, maintain knowledge and skill relevancy through continuing education as defined in the faculty development plan.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of Full Sail University
- Maintains strict confidentiality of student and company information
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Adheres to company attendance standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading and editing for grammar and punctuation
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task while working independently and collaboratively with other teachers and university staff
- Ability to interact professionally and constructively with students and staff at all levels in an immersive, fast paced environment
Education and/or Experience:
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of four (4) years related and verifiable work experience and are required to hold a Bachelor's degree in Recording Arts, Audio Production, Audio Engineering, Music Technology, Studio Music, Commercial Music, Media Writing and Production, Music Studio Composition, or related discipline from an accredited college or university required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Proficiency using software programs such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Expertise in studio recording, mixing and/or audio production.
- Professional studio experience strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with music technology software including Logic Pro and Pro Tools is strongly preferred
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in a recording studio, project studio, computer lab environment, or live event production facility. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to communicate effectively with students, instructors, and support staff, and interact appropriately with computer systems, and audio, video, and lighting production equipment as necessary. May be subject to; bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and lifting up to thirty (30) pounds.
Full Sail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.