Insurance Collections Analyst - Patient Accounting Physicians - First
Department: Patient Accounting -Physicians
Status: Full Time
The Insurance Collections Analyst is responsible for tracking, performing analysis and developing performance improvements to support and enhance processes within the Patient Financial Services Department.
- Associate's degree and/or experience on a 1:1 basis, offsetting experience must be in the field of Healthcare/Patient Financial Services.
- Must complete Orlando Health Patient Financial Services Professional Development program within one (1) year from date of hire.
- Two (2) years Patient Access (Patient Business), Patient Accounting, billing or closely related experience required.
- Develops goals and objectives. Must track all denials coming into PFS.
- Conducts analysis and outcome assessments on denials to formulate weekly spreadsheets for management review.
- Develops recommendations and presents proposals to management.
- Records process issues and maintain logs.
- Maintains all documentation for the Operations Improvement Teams within Patient Financial Services.
- Functions as a preceptor to assist trainers and liaisons in following-up with staff on educational issues in the workplace.
- Audits proper use of appeal letters and account flow from identification stage through resolution.
- Prepares recommendations and presents proposals to management for operational improvements and cost containment based upon analysis of indicators and processes.
- Keeps up with current legislation concerning HMO appeals on both national and state levels.
- Communicates any issues and problems to the Support Manager/Managed Care Liaison/Patient Accounting Director.
- Assists in the analysis of managed care contracts and payment trends to identify problem areas.
- Participates in management and other meetings as necessary.
- Maintains professional growth and development in areas of expertise.
- Ensures implementation of process improvements.
- Handles special projects for Patient Financial Services as necessary.
- Assists with training processes upon request.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Provides in-services per needs assessments.
- Represents Orlando Health through community interaction.
ADDRESS: 4401 S. Orange Ave., Suite 113 (ORHA Central) Orlando FL 32806
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.