Nursing Assistant - South Lake Hospital - Emergency Dept - Variable Full Time - Night
Department: SOLK Emergency Svcs
Status: Variable Full Time
Serving South Lake County since 1947, Orlando Health South Lake Hospital is a 170-bed community hospital offering a full continuum of care close to home for residents of south Lake County. Located in Clermont about 25 miles west of downtown Orlando, the Orlando Health South Lake campus includes a Center for Women's Health, providing complete care for women from maternity to maturity; the Sky Top View Rehabilitation Center, a 30-bed, leading-edge, postsurgical rehabilitation center; and the National Training Center, which attracts elite athletes and sports teams from around the world for training and conditioning. Orlando Health South Lake offers a variety of medical services, including diagnostic imaging, orthopedics, robotic surgery, urology and cardiac care as well as expanded cancer services at the Orlando Health UF Health Cancer Center - Clermont. Orlando Health South Lake also offers services on two additional campuses in Lake County, located in south Leesburg, and the Four Corners area.
The Nursing Assistant performs patient care to patients under the direction and supervision of the Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- One (1) year of nursing assistant work experience within the past five years may substitute for the below training requirement in
addition to the requirements listed in the Experience section.
Successful completion of one of the following:
- Nursing Assistant or Patient Care Assistant Program; or
- State of Florida Certified Nursing Assistant certification; or
- State of Florida Licensed Practical Nurse; or
- Current nursing student who has completed one semester of clinical rotation; or
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing; or
- Medical Corpsman, Emergency Medical Technician or Paramedic; or
- Medical personnel licensed outside the United States
Maintains current BLS/HealthCare Provider certification.
One (1) year of experience within the past five years in a relevant healthcare setting. No experience required for graduates of an approved school of nursing.
- Assists patient with hygiene, mobility, hydration, elimination and nutritional needs.
- Provides routine treatments and maintains a safe, clean, neat, and organized patient environment.
- Maintains safety and security of patients, families, self, and other members of the healthcare team.
- Assures patient privacy, rights, and confidentiality.
- Follows standard precautions, always washes hands between patients.
- Assists with admission, transfer, and discharge of patients.
- Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse, respiratory rates, food and fluid intake and output as directed.
- Obtains data and accurately documents pertinent patient information according to Orlando Health specific policies and guidelines.
- Recognizes and communicates appropriate information and safety concerns regarding the patient's condition to the RN and or other members of the healthcare team.
- Participates in handoff report and purposeful hourly rounding of patients.
- Provides exceptional service and or care to all patients, families, customers and team members.
- Demonstrates competency in specific tasks and skills as defined by Orlando Health and unit specific competencies.
- Maintains a clean, neat, safe and organized nursing unit.
- Receives and processes incoming phone calls, patient call lights and guest requests.
- Transports and delivers items, equipment, blood products, and medications (excluding controlled substances and IV chemotherapy drugs) throughout the facility.
- May have limited access to areas storing medications.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Enthusiastically supports and participates in planned changes.
- Participates in nursing Performance Improvement activities as assigned.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues, patient rights and compliance with the standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Consistently utilizes time and resources effectively and efficiently.
- Receives and processes incoming calls, patient calls and guest requests.
- Attends hospital, unit staff meetings and in-services according to policy.
- Completes all mandatory training.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide appropriate care based on principles of growth and development over the life span.
- Possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs.
ADDRESS: 1900 Don Wickham Dr Clermont FL 34711
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.