The Clinical Assistant Nurse Manager is responsible for the day to day operations within the clinical setting to ensure delivery of quality service and optimal patient flow.
Graduate from an approved school of nursing with a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing degree.
- Current licensure as a registered nurse in the State of Florida or Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC).
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
May require one or more of the following certifications based on the assigned patient population:
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Neonatal Advanced Life Support (NALS)
- Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC)
For Team Members hired into this job prior to October 25, 2020:
- Must have National Certification in specialty area within 6 months.
- Effective October 25, 2020: Team Members hired into this job must have National Certification in specialty area at time of hire.
Two (2) years of experience as a registered nurse in the acute care setting.
- Manages staffing for assigned and oncoming shifts, based on patient acuity to insure patient care needs are met and budgetary boundaries are observed
- Coordinates patient flow by working directly with the Administrative Supervisor office, Case Management, Discharge Planners etc.
- Monitors overall status of patients within area of responsibility and closely monitors status of seriously ill patients.
- Assists with the clinical evaluation of team members, completes written clinical performance evaluations and conducts timely team member assessments.
- Ensures compliance with certifications, licenses and required education for team members.
- Assists in the coordination and participates in the delivery of patient care ensuring compliance with physician orders and established policies, procedures and standards of practice.
- Ensures incident reports are completed appropriately and follows up with incident reports as needed.
- Participates in multidisciplinary rounds.
- Performs direct patient care activities as required to meet operational needs.
- Interfaces with patients and families to provide instruction, promote participation in patient care and to coordinate nursing activities.
- Plans and evaluates compliance with organizational, regulatory policies and procedures.
- Ensures evidenced based, quality clinical nursing practice consistent with nursing research, organizational and national practice standards are being performed by staff (i.e., Core Measures and HAC prevention).
- Expresses ideas clearly and effectively in verbal and written communication to team members and groups.
- Participates and/or leads in staff meetings and staff huddles.
- Embraces, communicates and promotes change.
- Utilizes effective fiscal management skills with financial resources.
- Monitors the use/maintenance of equipment to insure staff have the needed equipment for patient care and they are able to appropriately utilize equipment.
- Contributes to the strategic and financial planning of the unit/department.
- Cultivates exemplary customer service throughout the unit/department by conducting customer service rounds and investigating and responding to patient/family and physician complaints.
- Maintains a regulatory ready environment of care.
- Facilitates and supports team member involvement in professional and organizational activities as well as unit and hospital based committees.
- Demonstrates professional accountability by maintaining proficiency in assigned role and involvement in professional organizations.
- Identifies issues arising from individual differences and develops awareness of those issues in nursing staff, medical staff and other health care providers.
- Advocates on behalf of the nursing staff to represent the concerns of patients, families and staff.
- Holds self and others accountable to Orlando Health's mission, vision and values.
- Manages various human resources functions including hiring, work assignments, coaching plans, and performance counseling.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Knowledge of risk management concepts
- Participates in Process Improvement activities as assigned
- Interprets the appropriate information need to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age specific needs and to provide nursing care needed as described in the unit/department's policies and procedures