Nursing Assistant - SSH Flex Pool - DAY
Department: SouthSeminole Flex Pool
Status: Variable Full Time
Serving the healthcare needs of Seminole County residents for more than 35 years, Orlando Health South Seminole Hospital is an acute care hospital located about 15 miles north of the downtown Orlando Health campus in Longwood. Of its 206 beds, 126 are acute care and 80 are inpatient behavioral health. Orlando Health South Seminole is a full-service community hospital delivering top quality healthcare – from emergency services to cardiology and vascular care to a robust surgical program, including joint replacement and minimally invasive robotic surgery. The hospital's most recent state-of-the-art expansions include two new cardiac catheterization labs featuring a 24/7 STEMI program and a comprehensive outpatient physical rehabilitation center. Orlando Health South Seminole is home to one of three Air Care Team helicopter bases prepared to transport patients to the highest level of care for the most serious of injuries and the hospital also provides services at the Orlando Health Emergency Room and Medical Pavilion– Lake Mary.
Modern Healthcare has recognized Orlando Health South Seminole Hospital in Longwood, Fl as Best Places to Work in 2020! This recognition program honors companies throughout the industry that empower employees to provide patients and customers with the best possible care, products and services. We are proud to have been awarded with this designation!
Orlando Health South Seminole Hospital has earned an A grade from The Leapfrog Group, an independent national organization committed to healthcare quality and safety. This recognition further demonstrates our ongoing commitment to maintaining the highest standards of patient care throughout all of our facilities and ensures that our patients receive the safest medical care possible. This is the second grading period that Orlando Health South Seminole has earned an A from The Leapfrog Group. Grades are based on hospital performance in preventing medical errors, injuries, accidents, infections and other harms to patients in their care.
South Seminole Hospital's Flex Pool team provides supplemental staffing to assist throughout the various units within the hospital site. In order to be successful, you will need to have at least one year of nursing assistant experience as a foundation for this role.
The Nursing Assistant performs patient care to patients under the direction and supervision of the Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- One (1) year of nursing assistant work experience within the past five years may substitute for the below training requirement in
addition to the requirements listed in the Experience section.
Successful completion of one of the following:
- Nursing Assistant or Patient Care Assistant Program; or
- State of Florida Certified Nursing Assistant certification; or
- State of Florida Licensed Practical Nurse; or
- Current nursing student who has completed one semester of clinical rotation; or
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing; or
- Medical Corpsman, Emergency Medical Technician or Paramedic; or
- Medical personnel licensed outside the United States
Maintains current BLS/HealthCare Provider certification.
One (1) year of experience within the past five years in a relevant healthcare setting. No experience required for graduates of an approved school of nursing.
- Assists patient with hygiene, mobility, hydration, elimination and nutritional needs.
- Provides routine treatments and maintains a safe, clean, neat, and organized patient environment.
- Maintains safety and security of patients, families, self, and other members of the healthcare team.
- Assures patient privacy, rights, and confidentiality.
- Follows standard precautions, always washes hands between patients.
- Assists with admission, transfer, and discharge of patients.
- Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse, respiratory rates, food and fluid intake and output as directed.
- Obtains data and accurately documents pertinent patient information according to Orlando Health specific policies and guidelines.
- Recognizes and communicates appropriate information and safety concerns regarding the patient's condition to the RN and or other members of the healthcare team.
- Participates in handoff report and purposeful hourly rounding of patients.
- Provides exceptional service and or care to all patients, families, customers and team members.
- Demonstrates competency in specific tasks and skills as defined by Orlando Health and unit specific competencies.
- Maintains a clean, neat, safe and organized nursing unit.
- Receives and processes incoming phone calls, patient call lights and guest requests.
- Transports and delivers items, equipment, blood products, and medications (excluding controlled substances and IV chemotherapy drugs) throughout the facility.
- May have limited access to areas storing medications.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Enthusiastically supports and participates in planned changes.
- Participates in nursing Performance Improvement activities as assigned.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues, patient rights and compliance with the standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Consistently utilizes time and resources effectively and efficiently.
- Receives and processes incoming calls, patient calls and guest requests.
- Attends hospital, unit staff meetings and in-services according to policy.
- Completes all mandatory training.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide appropriate care based on principles of growth and development over the life span.
- Possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs.
ADDRESS: 555 W State Rd 434 Longwood FL 32750
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.