Paramedic Pool Per Diem - Dr. P. Phillips Hospital- Emergency Dept. Varies Shift
Department: DPH Emergency Service
Status: Pool/Per Diem
Orlando Health Dr. P. Phillips Hospital is an acute care facility serving southwest Orange County since 1985. Located about 10 miles southwest of the downtown Orlando Health campus, the 285-bed hospital offers a full spectrum of care that includes emergency care for all ages, including a dedicated pediatric emergency room supported by Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children; minimally invasive surgery, including being recognized as a Center of Excellence in Robotic Surgery; and orthopedic services, including Advanced Total Hip and Knee Replacement certification. The Orlando Health UF Health Cancer Center – Dr. Phillips, located on the hospital campus, allows patients community access to cancer care including chemotherapy and radiation treatment, medical oncology services, surgical oncology consultations, oncologic pharmacy services, laboratory facilities and Cancer Support Community programs. The hospital also provides services at the Orlando Health Emergency
Room and Medical Pavilion – Osceola in Kissimmee.
Here, we have built a reputation around solving complex challenges, hiring the best professionals and staff to lead our patients toward the best outcomes. We were selected as one of Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 2020. We received this national distinction due to our success at creating an empowered, engaged and satisfied workforce. Dr. P. Phillips Hospital is also proud to be on the Magnet Journey, the highest award for Nursing Excellence.
The Paramedic provides and documents individualized patient care to include: patient and personal safety, patient assessments in collaboration with the ED RN, patient re-assessments, maintaining airway patency, IV access and hang normal saline without additives, ECG interpretations, dysrhythmias recognition, and assists with the application of skeletal traction/splints/immobilizers and other orthopedic equipment.
Successfully completed a Paramedic program.
- Current certification as a Paramedic (PMD) in the State of Florida renewed every 2 years; and
- Maintains current BLS/Healthcare provider certification for healthcare providers; and
- Maintains current ACLS certification; and
- Must obtain and maintain PALS certification within one year of hire.
- Minimum of one (1) year clinical experience as a paramedic or has had a minimum of 1 year experience as an Advanced Clinical Technician or Emergency Medical Technician in a tertiary and/or acute care facility.
- Delivers patient care requiring advanced skills and judgment in the Emergency Department setting as directed by the Nursing Operations manager or their designee to include protocol orders or guidelines within approved current Emergency Department Paramedic competency.
- The competency will not exceed the scope of practice for a paramedic in the State of Florida.
- Orlando Health is a licensed EMS provider and all care delivered in the emergency department is under the supervision of a physician (protocols/standing orders).
- The Florida paramedic practice model includes invasive and pharmacologic interventions intended to reduce morbidity and mortality in the pre-hospital environment.
- It is expected that in the hospital setting where medical care and resources are readily available, the practice model will be modified.
- Communicates appropriate information regarding the patient's condition to the Nursing Operations manager or their designee
- Able to maintain reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Able to maintain compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Participates in maintaining the Emergency Department to be clean, safe, organized and stocked. Demonstrates awareness of patient's rights and legal issues.
- Complies with all standards as required by regulatory and accreditation agencies. Performs all other duties as assigned.
- The Emergency Department Paramedic must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served in the emergency department.
- The individual must demonstrate a knowledge of principles of growth and development over the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements related to his or her age specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the emergency departments policies, procedures and competencies.
ADDRESS: 9400 Turkey Lake Rd. (Dr. P. Phillips Hospital) Orlando FL 32819
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.