Teacher I The Learning Center
Lake Buena Vista WDW Family Center, FL
The position is responsible for implementing and supervising all aspects of daily activities for infants to youth. The Teacher is responsible for working to provide a successful program that will foster children's social, physical, spiritual, and mental growth in a safe and well-organized environment.
Preferred availability : Monday-Friday 1:00 PM-7:00 PM.
- Text Supervise activities of Co-Teachers and provide curriculum standards for the classroom.
- Provide a safe and healthy environment, both physically and mentally, to ensure the operation of a quality Child Care program.
- Must have willingness to care for children in all capacities, including diaper changes, toilet training, and sudden illness or injury.
- Attend all staff meetings and the YMCA as required to meet educational requirements establishes in-service training.
- Assist in the planning and implementing of the daily lesson plans that fit the children's needs and interests.
- Take responsibility for the quality of the supplies, equipment and materials.
- Report all suspicions of child abuse to proper authorities.
- Make sure proper procedures are followed for sign-in/out of children on a daily basis.
- Report all accidents to the Supervisor, and completely fills out proper health log and/or accident/incident form.
- Direct or assist in the daily maintenance of the childcare area, ensuring safety and cleanliness.
- Assume equal share of the regular housekeeping chores such as cleaning, preparing for daily activities and cleaning up after projects.
- Ensure that YMCA Character Traits are evident in all activities.
- Establish a relationship with each child and know his or her present level of understanding; consider the needs of all the children and treat each child with respect and dignity.
- Work toward positive parent/staff relations.
- Participate in member retention, special events and fundraising.
- Complete all paperwork clearly and concisely.
- Remain up to date on emergency procedures and Family Center policies.
- Promote and represent the mission and core values of the YMCA of Central Florida in the Family Center and its programs.
- All other duties assigned by Management.
- Must have CDA credential or a Bachelor's degree.
- Must have one year of child care experience.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required.
- Desire and ability to work with children of all ages.
- Must have willingness to care for children in all capacities.
- Demonstrated responsibility and dependability.
- Follow through actions regarding communication with all parents.
- Must exhibit patience and understanding.
- Receives and follows detailed instructions.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, which may include weekends and holidays as needed.
- Must be willing to work an on-call schedule rotation as required.
- Must be willing to travel within Central Florida. Must have a valid Florida driver license.
- Must be alert at all times, keeping safety in mind.
- Must be capable of working under pressure in a somewhat disruptive environment.
- May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time while demonstrating manual dexterity in order to accurately work on the phone, computer keyboard, and other equipment.
- Must possess auditory, verbal and visual capabilities in order to adequately communicate via phone and in person.
- May be required to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. in various forms.
- Must be capable of working closely with all levels of management and under minimal supervision.
- Must complete successful background screening, which includes criminal and drug screening.
- All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. The YMCA promotes an equal employment opportunity work place which includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees. Please see your manager should you have any questions about this policy or these job duties.
- This job description may not be all-inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.