Food Service Attendant-Dr. Phillips Hospital- Full Time
Department: DPH Food & Nutrition Svs
Status: Full Time
A Food Service Attendant is at the forefront of customer service, providing Orlando Health patients and guests with service above and beyond expectations to ensure a memorable food and dining experience.
Ability to read and recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
- Provides food services to patients, staff and visitors as assigned by supervisor / director.
- Includes the setup and operation of patient trayline, delivering food carts, cafeteria serving line, preparing nourishment, desserts, cold food, and assist in the making of early/late trays.
- Responsible (as assigned) for non-patient food services to staff and visitors to include hot and cold food service, salad bar operations, and general cleaning.
- Communicates proper information regarding patient and non-patient department needs to the Food & Nutrition Leadership team, Clinical Nutrition team, Nursing, food service peers or ancillary team members as needed .
- Models essential service behaviors, such as excellent communication and customer service skills with patients, nursing staff, team members and visitors, interacting cooperatively and constructively and communicating in an open, honest, gracious and compassionate manner at all times, including person to person, telephone and written forms.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Participates in monthly departmental meetings and all related in-services.
- Observes all departmental rules and regulations.
- Follows outlined portion controls, patient tray delivery standards, trayline and cafeteria procedures.
- Aware of and follows Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points, (HACCP), precautions and sanitation requirements as they apply to food service.
- Aware of and follows all universal precautions as they apply to food service.
- May be required to operate cash registers, prepare cash reports and do cash reconciliation as needed.
- Interacts appropriately with a culturally diverse population.
- Follows chain of command when communicating departmental and individual concerns or problems.
- Knowledgeable of Patient Satisfaction goals. Work consistently to exceed the department's and Orlando Health's objectives by reporting concerns and suggesting creative ideas.
- Recognizes that flexibility is paramount and change is continuous; the team member must embrace, encourage and drive change; approach situations and challenges with an open mind; work rotating shifts according to experience and business needs; be able and willing to be cross-trained in varied positions and performs any and all other duties as assigned.
ADDRESS: 9400 Turkey Lake Rd. (Dr. P. Phillips Hospital) Orlando FL 32819
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.