Seminole State College of Florida has been changing lives in Central Florida since 1965. We have been recognized by the Chronicle of Education as a Great College to Work For in 2018 and have achieved Gold status for the second consecutive year by the State Board of Education. Employees at Seminole State College advance their careers in a rewarding culturally diverse environment that cultivates the leaders of tomorrow with the skills they need today.
Seminole State College of Florida is accepting applications for a full-time Health Sciences Associate Professor beginning Fall Term 2021. This position is a regular, full-time bargaining unit teaching position and is on track for continuing contract. The standard contract length is 196 days; however, other contract lengths may be available depending on department needs. This position is currently assigned to the Altamonte Springs Campus; however, the assigned campus location may vary based on enrollment.
Salary is based on contract length, education and related work experience in accordance with the Salary Schedule in Article 26 of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
In addition to a competitive salary Seminole State College offers an attractive total rewards package including: a variety of health insurance plan options, fully paid dental and life insurance coverage; tuition reimbursement for employees and qualified dependents, professional development opportunities great work-life balance including time off when the College is closed, paid holidays and sick leave. In addition, employees participate in the Florida Retirement System and have several retirement options. The College pays a percentage towards retirement, based on the employee's selected plan.
1. Master’s degree in one of the Health Sciences, or a closely-related field such as Healthcare Administration.
2. Teaching experience at the post-secondary level.
3. Demonstrated commitment to excellence, innovation and diversity.
1. Doctorate from a regionally accredited institution in one of the Health Sciences, or a closely-related field such as Healthcare Administration.
2. Several years’ experience in health care practice or higher education.
3. Experience utilizing technology and innovative pedagogy in classroom and on-line learning management systems such as Blackboard, Canvas, etc.
4. Current certification in a health care profession.
To ensure full consideration, all of the following documents are required to be submitted along with the completed online application by the closing date:
-Transcripts showing the date of degree conferral (unofficial copies accepted)
-Letters of recommendation are strongly encouraged
Seminole State College is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, pregnancy, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, gender, veterans’ or military status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor protected under applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations in its programs, activities, and employment.