Lead Teacher Family Center
Titusville YMCA Family Center, FL
AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to EmailEmail
The primary responsibility of the Lead Teacher will be to create, implement and supervise the activities of lesson plans that foster the social, mental and physical development of children in a safe and stimulating environment.
- Creating lesson plans
- Ensuring follow-through on lesson plans and activities
- Teaching classes
- Overseeing children's play
- Ensuring the care, safety, and well-being of children
- Maintaining a safe, clean and pleasant environment
- Understanding/enforcing policies and procedures
- Gathering materials for special events
- Participating in staff meetings
- Serving as a role model for other teachers
1. Associates degree or equivalent work experience.
2. Must be at least 21 years of age.
3. Current CPR/First Aid certificate required within 30 days of hire.
4. Prior child development experience a plus.
5. Must have child care / child development team leadership skills and experience.
6. Must demonstrate excellent planning and organization skills.
7. Must be able to build positive relationships and work with a diverse group of individuals.
8. Must be able to effectively use resources.
9. Must be able to implement and sustain change.
10. Must present a professional appearance.
11. Must provide a strong language model for others.
12. Bilingual preferred (English plus either Spanish or Creole
13. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, which may include weekends and holidays as needed.
14. Must be willing to work an on-call schedule rotation as required.
15. Must be willing to travel within Central Florida.
16. Must have a valid Florida driver license.
17. May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time while demonstrating manual dexterity in order to accurately work on the phone, computer keyboard, and other equipment.
18. Must possess auditory, verbal and visual capabilities in order to adequately communicate via phone and in person.
19. May be required to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. in various forms.
20. CDA credential is a plus.
21. Must be capable of working closely with all levels of management and under minimal supervision.
- Must complete successful background screening, which includes criminal and drug screening.
- All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. The YMCA promotes an equal employment opportunity work place which includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees. Please see your manager should you have any questions about this policy or these job duties.
- This job description may not be all-inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.