Seminole State College of Florida is accepting applications for a Professor of Physical Therapy Assistant. This is a temporary full-time non-bargaining faculty position and is not on track for continuing contract. The standard contract length is 196 days; however, other contract lengths may be available depending on department needs. This position is based at the Altamonte Springs campus. Teaching responsibilities consist of Physical Therapist Assistant courses.
- Master's degree or higher from an accredited institution in Physical Therapy or related field.
- PT or PTA degree from a CAPTE approved institution.
- Hold a current Florida license to practice as a PT or PTA (no restrictions).
- A minimum of three years of full time (or equivalent) post-licensure clinical experience in physical therapy.
- Doctoral degree.
- Demonstrated understanding of the learning centered approach to teaching.
- Experience utilizing technology and innovative pedagogy to deliver exceptional teaching and learning.
- Teaching experience at the college level.
- At least two years of clinical practice experience that includes Center Coordinator of Clinical Education or Clinical Instructor experience in physical therapy.
Employees at Seminole State College advance their careers in a rewarding culturally diverse environment that cultivates the leaders of tomorrow with the skills they need today. Seminole State College offers an attractive benefits package including: employee health, dental and life insurance coverage; generous paid leave benefits including vacation and sick days, paid leave during winter break; spring break; 9 annual holidays; and a four-day condensed workweek during the summer. In addition, employees participate in the Florida Retirement System and have several retirement options. The College pays a percentage toward retirement, based on the employee's selected plan.
To ensure full consideration, all of the following documents are required to be submitted along with the completed online application by the closing date:
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts showing the date of degree conferral (unofficial copies accepted)
- Letters of recommendation are strongly encouraged
Seminole State College is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, pregnancy, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, gender, veterans’ or military status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor protected under applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations in its programs, activities, and employment.