Seminole State College of Florida is located in the northern Orlando metropolitan area and since 1965 has been committed to advancing our region’s educational and economic vitality through promoting academic excellence, encouraging student success, and changing lives. Seminole State College is the 9th largest State College in the Florida Public College System with 4 vibrant campus locations, student enrollment exceeding 30,000, and over 2,000 dedicated faculty and staff. Employees at Seminole State College advance their careers in a rewarding culturally diverse environment that cultivates the leaders of tomorrow with the skills they need today.
We currently have an excellent leadership opportunity to join our team as our next Director of Institutional Effectiveness and Research. We are currently seeking an experienced leader who is motivated, innovative, and has a precision for detail. This position provides results-oriented leadership to college-wide research and assessment activities related to the collection, analysis, interpretation, communication and use of institutional data to support informed strategic and operational planning; decision making, policy development and institutional self-assessment. Liaison with various authorities at the federal, state and local levels for data reporting, research studies or surveys, ensuring data accuracy, integrity and timeliness.
1. Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution with course work in research and statistics, mathematics, educational research, psychology, or a related field.
2. Five years’ work experience in a research planning or assessment related field.
3. Minimum of five years’ experience directly supervising staff in the accomplishment of multiple, diverse projects.
1. Experience working on cross-functional teams to accomplish a project.
2. Experience in designing or developing decision support systems.
3. Experience working with PeopleSoft.
Employees at Seminole State College advance their careers in a rewarding culturally diverse environment that cultivates the leaders of tomorrow with the skills they need today. Seminole State College offers an attractive benefits package including: employee health, dental and life insurance coverage; generous paid leave benefits including vacation and sick days, paid leave during winter break; spring break; 9 annual holidays; and a four-day condensed workweek during the summer. In addition, employees participate in the Florida Retirement System and have several retirement options. The College pays a percentage toward retirement, based on the employee's selected plan.
To ensure full consideration, all of the following documents are required to be submitted along with the completed online application by the closing date:
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts showing the date of degree conferral (unofficial copies accepted)
- Letters of recommendation are strongly encouraged