Senior Network Engineer
Summit Broadband is a leading fiber-optics telecommunications provider in Central and Southwest Florida, providing voice, video, data, and high-speed internet services to commercial and residential customers. We are an organization that value's each employee's contributions and encourages everyone to share their ideas. Standing out in the industry by providing superior products and exceptional customer service, this growing and dynamic high-tech company is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to join our team.
Job Title: Sr. Network Engineer
Status: Full Time/Non-Exempt
Reports to: Network Operation Center Supervisor
Location: Central Florida
This position is responsible for researching, designing, and deploying IP technologies across a wide variety of network vendors and applications. A successful candidate should have a deep understanding of Service Provider-related technologies such as: Routing Protocols and technologies, Carrier Ethernet, Transport/Optical Technologies, TCP/IP and Multicast. He or she should also have a good understanding of common business/financial drivers and be capable of considering those impacts when developing strategies. The ability to be self-driven and multi-task several complex projects are also key attributes for a successful candidate.
Essential Job Functions:
- A minimum of 5 years industry experience at a Service Provider or similar environment.
- Experience and proven understanding of IP networking, routing protocols, client-server application architectures and network hardware.
- Experience creating financial models, business cases, and presentations based on complex network designs
- Deep knowledge and demonstrated expertise in many of the following protocols and technologies: Ethernet, TCP/IP, OSPF/IS-IS, BGP, MPLS (LDP/RSVP), High Availability (VRRP/HSRP/GLBP), Multicast (PIM/IGMP), QoS, HTTP, SSL, VOIP.
- Strong technical, analytical, and organizational skills associated with planning, design and implementation of complicated service provider architectures and applications
- Strong written and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex topics in both written and verbal form.
- Understanding of large-scale network capacity management and modeling.
- Strong large-scale network troubleshooting skills
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with commercial and residential delivery architectures including the associated underlying access, Ethernet, and/or transport network infrastructures.
- Experience with large-scale service provider Carrier Ethernet and/or core IP networks
- Strong knowledge of service provider routing and/or transport architectures, including knowledge of commonly used network hardware vendors (Juniper, Ciena, Nokia, Adtran, Calix, Coriant, Fujitsu, etc.)
- Software development and/or scripting experience
- Experience with Ethernet, MPLS, IP, routing and switching, VoIP/telephony, DWDM, microwave, SONET/TDM.
- Experience with Routing protocols (MPLS, BGP, IS-IS, OSPF).
Education and Experience:
- JNCIE/CCIE preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- At least 18 years of age
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- Must have a valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug test.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.