Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Temporary
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
The Rollins College Wellness Center is offering COVID-19 testing to our campus community and is looking for multiple nurses to join their team immediately. Licensed Practical Nurses and Registered Nurses are welcome to apply.
Nurses will conduct outreach testing for asymptomatic individuals at Rollins, including faculty, staff, and students. Testing will take place at a designated location on campus based on community testing needs. These positions will also perform rapid COVID-19 testing following Rollins Wellness protocol, providing patient education related to results at time of the visit. Proper PPE for testing is provided by Rollins College.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provides COVID-19 testing for campus community (asymptomatic and symptomatic).
- Maintains currency of licensure, certification, and continuing education.
- Maintains documentation of patient care through appropriate, accurate, and complete medical records.
- Follows confidentiality standards, treating all client/patient information as confidential and protecting the privacy and confidentiality of our clients/patients.
To learn more about the Wellness Center, please visit: https://www.rollins.edu/wellness-center/.
- LPN or RN license active in the State of Florida.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to interact with students, staff, administration and faculty.
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
These are temporary positions with a competitive hourly pay rate based on nursing licensure.
Nurses will work between 20-40 hours per week, Monday-Friday, 9:00am-4:00pm and Saturday, 11:00am-3:00pm. Please note, the hours are not fixed and will be scheduled based on needs of community testing.
Front-facing customer service role on-campus (inside and outside).
Work requires some visual strain as well as physical activity involving bending, stooping, stretching, standing and walking.
Involves working with body fluids, tissues, or other potentially infectious materials.
Screening of applications will begin immediately.
Rollins seeks to foster and to model a campus environment that is welcoming, safe, and inclusive to all of our administrators, faculty, staff, and students. We view differences (e.g. nationality, race, gender, age, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, physical ability, learning styles, perspectives, etc.) not as obstacles to be overcome but as rich opportunities for understanding, learning, and growth.
Through its mission, Rollins College is firmly committed to creating a just community that embraces multiculturalism; persons from historically under-represented minority groups are therefore encouraged to apply. Rollins does not discriminate on the basis of sex, disability, race, age, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical characteristics, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law, in its educational programs and activities.