If you're looking for the chance to learn, grow, and make a contribution to the community, look at employment opportunities with Full Sail University. You'll find your choice of career opportunities, great benefits, an environment that welcomes and values creativity, and a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding!
The Certifying Official is responsible for the processing and managing Veteran's education benefit paperwork in accordance with Federal and State guidelines. This will include but is not limited to document, and eligibility verification, while providing notice to the Department Of Veteran Affairs of students schedule, attendance and tuition billed.
Additionally the Certifying Official is responsible for maintaining current knowledge of all Veterans Education benefits, as well as the regulations of the Department of Veteran Affairs and institutional policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Requirements: Employee must work a minimum of 40 hours per week, 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., M – F, in addition to occasional weekends and overtime.
- Previous administrative and customer service experience in a professional office environment required.
- Experience certifying VA benefits and/or Financial Aid knowledge a plus, but will train an otherwise qualified candidate.
- Able to communicate effectively through verbal and written means.
- Must not currently be or have ever been in default on any student loans.
Other Responsibilities: n/a
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- Excellent communication, phone etiquette and interpersonal skills
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- Works well within a team environment
- Creative problem solver;
- Thrives in fast paced, dynamic environment
- Strong desire to help others.
- Professional attitude, upbeat, social, dependable.
- Organized, a self starter, and motivated as well as coachable and able to adapt in a quickly changing work environment.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and or 1 year experience working in a secondary school service department
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: n/a
- Must be experienced using a computer, basic Microsoft Office software, (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook ) CampusVue or similar computer data system, internet based programs
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Physical requirements include remaining seated for extended periods and must be able to operate PC keyboard, calculator and telephone.
Full Sail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.