Business Unit HR Manager
The Business Unit Human Resources Manager oversees all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources department. This position provides supervision and oversight of activities inclusive of personnel management, facilities maintenance, development of departmental policy and procedures development, procurement of office equipment and supplies, and direct supervision of administrative staff and work-study students. Provides oversight and support of key HR department initiatives that support the campus community including but not limited to the assessment for university accreditation, employee engagement activities, and compliance with state conflict of interest regulations. Responsibilities of this position will require a working knowledge of university procedures, policies, and regulations.
Bachelor's or Master's degree and 4+ years of relevant experience.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Knowledge of best practices in Human Resources. Industry certification such as PHR/SHRM-CP is preferred.
- Previous office management experience.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Ability to communicate the vision to the team, lead, direct and/or engage others to obtain desired goals.
- Ability to work on many projects simultaneously and be detail-oriented.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and critical thinking.
- Demonstrated experience in effective time management, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Effective communication and organizational skills.
- Understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, UCF encourages all qualified applicants to apply, including women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of traditionally underrepresented populations. UCF's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at http://www.oie.ucf.edu/documents/PresidentsStatement.pdf. As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request.