Human Resources Manager
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support Florida Paints’ compliance and strategy needs.
- Manages and/or oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Provides support and guidance to HR assistants, generalists, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute Florida Paints’ human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Oversees the onboarding process for each new team member.
- Manages and processes the bi-weekly payroll.
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for team members.
- Oversees team member disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations. This may include guiding managers through the administration of the disciplinary process or direct involvement in the disciplinary process.
- Investigates, mitigates and resolves team member conflicts.
- Monitors and ensures the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice and resources to upper management.
- Oversees Florida Paints’ safety program and works with other department heads to ensure Florida Paints remains in compliance.
- Conducts and/or coordinates required safety trainings, maintains team member completion record and tracks ongoing training and/or certification requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and team members.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s payroll, HRIS and talent management systems.
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- At least three to five years of human resource management experience required.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP a plus.
The team member must be able to sit at a desk and perform computer work for prolonged periods of time. The team member must be able to drive a vehicle and spend multiple hours in a vehicle when traveling between locations. Additionally, the team member must be able to access and navigate each department at Florida Paints. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the team member for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Florida Paints provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Apply for Human Resources Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly