If you're looking for the chance to learn, grow, and make a contribution to the community, look at employment opportunities with Full Sail University. You'll find your choice of career opportunities, great benefits, an environment that welcomes and values creativity, and a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding!
The Multimedia Content Developer provides graphic design and multimedia development support for faculty training content under the direction of the Faculty Development Director. The Multimedia Content Developer works with executive stakeholders, managers, and subject matter experts to assess learning needs, identify gaps, and design unique learning solutions. Excellent relationship building, strategic thinking, and communication skills are vital to success in this position.
The Multimedia Content Developer is responsible for: 1) researching best practices in the instructional design field, 2) identifying appropriate technology, 3) working with subject matter experts and project stakeholders to produce content, 4) writing scripts and storyboards need for creative projects, 5) helping to design and produce creative assets in collaboration with the rest of the team, and 6) serving as an ambassador for the Faculty Affairs and Development department.
This position is full time on-campus. Office working hours are 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM, Monday – Friday with occasional nights or weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize instructional design and performance improvement processes to analyze, design, develop, implement and evaluate learning experiences
- Work with internal subject matter experts to design, develop, and implement training solutions that drive performance and are consistent with internal standards and best practices
- Work with the Faculty Development Trainers to develop content and communications for all Faculty Affairs & Development initiatives
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are needed to communicate with partners and learners
- Demonstrate project management skills with the ability to function in a fast-paced environment, under time pressure
- Leverage creative skills in art and design to communicate a story, message or idea in support of instructional content delivery
- Create visual aids to inform, persuade and engage the intended target audience, adjusting the mood and style of visual aids accordingly for the best teaching and learning outcomes
- Develop Continued Education in-person and online training modules
- Assist the Faculty Development Director with Spring Break, Summer Break and other Continued Education events production and management
- Catalog curriculum in the Faculty Development library
- Produce direct-to-video Continued Education library resources
- Research, compare, and review new applications and solutions to deliver online training
- Provide a high level of customer service to faculty, students, staff, and guests
- Apply knowledge of policies, procedures, and departmental functions
- Develop and iterate on the brand, technology, and methods used by Faculty Affairs & Development to keep the department innovative and relevant
- Oversee and maintain the department's alignment with brand standards of Full Sail University
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of Full Sail University
- Maintains strict confidentiality of company and personnel information
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Adheres to company attendance standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills necessary to cultivate and teach a team of educators for success
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be a dynamic, effective, and innovative team player
- Ability to establish strong lines of communication with faculty
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Success working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Technical expertise in creating multimedia projects and curriculum
- Ability to work independently as well as collectively
Education and/or Experience:
The minimum degree requirement is a Bachelor's degree, preferably in education, curriculum and instruction, graphic design, multimedia development, or media communications. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of four years of experience. A strong record in curriculum development and/or instructional design is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Experience leveraging Adobe Creative Suite to build instructional videos, audio, graphics, supplemental print materials, and other media assets
- Proficiency using software programs such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience with Apple computers and software (Keynote, Pages, etc.)
- Knowledge of cameras, lighting, and audio equipment
- Ability to write and speak effectively
- Strong organizational, time management, and proofreading skills
- Superior attention to detail is essential
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in an office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain active customer and employee communication; access, input and retrieve information from the computer system; enter alpha-numeric data into a computerized system often while listening on the telephone. May be subject to; bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and lifting up to thirty (30) pounds.
Full Sail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.