Bus Operator - CDL Driver
Information you need to know before applying:
- You must possess a valid Florida CDL license or Permit; Class B with AIRBRAKES and PASSENGER endorsement to apply.
- Bus operator applicants who are offered employment, will receive a conditional offer of employment contingent on satisfactory pre-employment criminal history check, employment verification(s), background check, driver’s license check, pre-employment DOT drug screen and physical, and receive a medical examiner's certificate for a minimum of one year.
- Must be able to work days, nights, Saturdays, Sundays, holidays, split shifts, split days off, and any hours assigned.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Bus Operator training is up to 8 weeks.
NOTE: Upon review of completed applications, those applicants who meet the job requirements will be contacted by HR.
- Bus Operators transport passengers by operating any type of passenger bus on regularly scheduled links, observing all state and municipal traffic laws, observing all safety rules and strictly adhering to time schedules.
- This position is considered safety-sensitive and subject to the provisions of the Substance Abuse Program Policy for Safety Sensitive Positions.
- Performs DOT pre-trip inspections.
- Answers passenger questions courteously.
- Calls out stops.
- Issues slips for fare refunds; issues and collects transfers.
- Observes all state and municipal traffic laws.
- Observes all safety rules.
- Strictly adheres to time schedules.
- Monitors fare and ticket collection.
- Verifies that appropriate passes are being used.
- Writes daily reports such as transfers collected, coach mileage, special fares and tickets collected, time cards for hours worked and completes memorandum cards.
- Performs other duties of similar nature as may be required.
- Completes Bus Condition Reports.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Skills in customer service.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to physically sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to pass a drug screen.
- Must possess a valid Florida Commercial Driver License (CDL), Class A or B with a Passenger endorsement and airbrakes.
- Ability to communicate in English on the work site.
- Familiarity with and ability to use a computer.
- Ability to maintain DOT physical for one year.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Clean driving record.
- Full-time: Ability to work days, nights, weekends, holidays, split shifts, split days off and any hours assigned.
- Part-time: Ability to work mornings, afternoons and/or weekends. Not allowed to work over 30 hours per week.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- High School diploma or GED desired.
Pay rate during training: $14.78 per hour
Pay rate after training: $16.56 per hour