Job Title: Purchasing Manager
Reports To: Vice President of Finance and CFO
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for sourcing equipment, goods and services and managing vendors. The Purchasing Manager performs strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, searches for better deals and finds more profitable suppliers for the organization. This role also plays an integral part of the GKTW construction team which includes procurement of soft goods.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain inventory controls for proper levels, dating, rotation, requisitions, etc.
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure clear requirements documentation.
- Check prices and obtain bids from vendors and suppliers for construction projects, operational needs, food, beverage, paper goods, office supplies, printed materials and other items as needed by other departments while ensuring that costs are appropriate, and quality of products meets GKTW standards.
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms.
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries.
- Expedite open purchase orders to monitor efficient delivery time and costs.
- Ensure accurate administration of all invoices and adheres to proper bookkeeping procedures.
Manage & Analyze Metrics
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking.
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand.
- Perform other accounting duties as needed.
- Collaborate with Inventory Dispatch and Support Services to develop metrics for gauging inventory level needs and then maintaining those levels throughout the year.
Strategy & Planning
- Develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies.
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power.
- Propose improvements to the current purchasing system that will improve vendor relationships and lower the cost of doing business.
- Develop annual objectives in line with departmental/company goals that include inventory management, demand planning, forecasting and analysis of carrying cost.
- Assess, manage and mitigate risks.
- Establish and maintain ethical working relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Ensuring vendors meet company standards.
- Streamline vendor network consolidating when possible.
All other duties as assigned
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OUTSIDE NORMAL WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to travel for extended overnight occasions.
- Ability to lift and transfer 25 lbs.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions for duration of shift.
SKILLS, COMPETENCIES, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management.
- Capacity to analyze market dynamics with a keen business sense.
- Ability to utilize a variety of negotiation strategies.
- Demonstrated experience of growing and maintaining a professional network.
- Ability to gather and analyze data.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain multiple priorities and ability to adapt quickly and easily to a changing environment.
- Ability to work with all types of individuals, including: guests, co-workers, volunteers, vendors and leaders.
- Must be able to use creative problem solving skills and demonstrate decisiveness.
- Ability to speak and write English clearly & articulately with a positive, professional & pleasant manner.
- Proven experience to delivery exceptional customer service.
- Experience with influencing others without authority.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Strong Excel skills and knowledge of accounting software.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to operate a motorized vehicle, including battery-operated golf cart.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Finance or Business Administration.
- 5 years of experience as Purchasing Manager, Agent or Officer.
Give Kids The World is a drug-free workplace.