Setup Process Technician ( Printing Technician )
Nursery Supplies, Inc. provides the horticulture industry with innovative eco-friendly products of the highest quality, large selections, a wide distribution network and unsurpassed customer service. We are dedicated to partnering with our customers to help them grow their business by continually investing in product innovation and ecologically responsible practices.
We are looking for printing operators (print leads) who can operate: Kase and/or Desco dry off-set printers.
The ideal candidate will:
- Review their printing work orders to determine specifications, machine set up procedures and supplies needed.
- Set up and operate 4-6 color printing presses (dry offsets), mandrel changes and hourly quality checks.
- Perform routine cleaning and preventive maintenance.
- Perform hourly quality check.
- Able to read a production schedule and determine orders to be run.
- Relieve operators for breaks and lunch.
- Inspect workstations to assure safe conditions, and keep workstations always clean
- Assure all employees are wearing proper safety equipment.
- Accepts the responsibility of ensuring equipment/conditions are safe and immediately reacts to any safety issue identified.
- Knows how to safely perform machine startups, shutdowns and changeovers and necessary adjustments to ensure processes are always in control. As well as troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair complex machine malfunctions.
- Know how to safely perform periodic preventative maintenance on the machines and auxiliary equipment to ensure a continuous printing operation.
- Monitor and maintain vision systems to ensure part quality.
- Continually evaluates processes and equipment for any improvements/repairs that can be completed.
- Can function safely as a machine operator when needed or directed by shift Supervisor
- Can function safely as a trainer when needed or directed by shift Supervisor.
- Serving as a backup line technician when needed
- Capable of reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Capable of physical mobility including sitting, bending, twisting, standing, lifting and frequent walking in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess functional knowledge of offset printing, tooling, setups, and preventative maintenance for all equipment.
- Prefer previous mechanical and automation experience in a similar field.
- Possess hand tools needed to perform job duties as explained above
- Willing to work 12hrs night shift – 7PM to 7AM
- Pay range $15.15 - $23.41, plus night shift differential ($1.50).
Pay is commensurate with experience on the above.
Apply for Setup Process Technician ( Printing Technician )
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly