Seminole State College of Florida has a great opportunity to join our team of diverse faculty and staff as a Senior Executive Assistant. This position provides complex and executive level administrative support for the Office of the Vice President of Student Affairs in a fast-paced environment; exercises considerable initiative, independence, and discretion in managing the Vice President's rigorous schedule and the day-to-day operations of the office.
What experience and skills do you need for this role?
1. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma.
2. Five years of experience as an administrative or executive assistant managing a complex office environment.
1. Associates Degree from an accredited institution.
2. Five years of experience working in direct support of a senior leader in management, operations, or advocacy role.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
1. Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
2. Proven analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
3. Ability to perform detailed and complex essential administrative tasks with a high degree of integrity.
4. Demonstrated ability to take initiative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
5. Ability to perform with minimum supervision and effectively exercise independent judgment.
6. Ability to be flexible and handle change effectively.
7. Knowledge of detailed processes in Enterprise Systems Software such as PeopleSoft.
8. Ability to exhibit a courteous, professional demeanor and interact effectively with internal and external constituents.
9. Committed to working in a multicultural environment.
10. Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Office Software Suite.
What do we offer?
In addition to being a part of a dynamic, diverse learning community, employees at Seminole State receive competitive compensation and a robust total rewards package including:
- A variety of health insurance plan options with wellness incentives, fully paid dental and life insurance coverage.
- Participation in the Florida Retirement System and other retirement options.
- Free classes, tuition reimbursement, and numerous professional and personal development opportunities.
- Excellent work-life balance:
- 37.5-hour work week.
- Paid leave benefits including vacation and sick leave accrued monthly.
- 9 annual paid holidays.
- Paid leave during winter break & spring break.
- Condensed 4-day workweek during the summer (may not be applicable to all departments).
Ready to join our team and Go State…Go Far?
Visit our website at https://www.seminolestate.edu/hr/jobs and complete the online application prior to 11:59 pm on April 14, 2021. Don’t forget to submit all required documentation, including resume, cover letter and optional letters of recommendation.