Server - Dining Room Servers
A fulfilling career opportunity where you can enhance the lives of our senior community!!
Job Position Needed:
Your new company:
The Mayflower is located in the scenic Winter Park, Florida area. You are choosing to join an Award-Winning company that has been selected as the BEST OF WINTER PARK - Best Senior Living Community by the Winter Park Chamber of Commerce. Our dedicated employees and management team are the keys to our success.
Your new role: Dining Room Server
You will be responsible for performing a variety of services in the dining room, including waiting on assigned tables, taking orders, setting tables, busing tables, etc.
What you'll need to succeed:
You will be eager to learn and committed to providing outstanding service to our senior residents and our employees when necessary. You'll demonstrate a positive attitude toward your fellow team members and residents. You'll have a passion for the hospitality industry.
What you'll get in return:
You'll work in a family environment while providing an essential service to the staff and residents of our senior community. You'll enjoy competitive pay and great benefits as a full-time employee, including medical and dental coverage, Paid Time Off (PTO), 403(b), supplemental benefits and holiday pay. Part-time offers limited benefits.
What you need to do now:
If you're interested in this career opportunity and feel you would be a great fit, click Apply Now. Our Hospitality Department or Human Resources Department will reach out to candidates who possess the necessary aptitude to be successful in this position.
Thank you for choosing The Mayflower at Winter Park for your next career!
Other Key Information & Disclosures About the Role
Server Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greets customers as they are seated at the table; ensures the table is clean and that utensils, napkins, and other needs have been provided.
- Distributes menus and presents the daily specials.
- Answers questions regarding the menu.
- Takes food and beverage orders and delivers them to the kitchen.
- Delivers food, beverages, condiments, and other requested items to customers.
- Ensures that food is prepared correctly and to customers satisfaction; returns incorrect or improperly cooked orders to kitchen.
- Collects plates and clears the table as customers finish their meals.
- Prepares customers checks and collects payments.
- Assists with other restaurant tasks such as cleaning the dining area and preparing silverware and condiments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Well-organized with ability to take and place food and beverage orders accurately.
- Ability to operate point-of-sale systems.
Server Work Environment
- Prolonged periods standing and walking and frequently pulling, pushing, and bending.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds at times.
Server Job Type
We have full time, 40-hour per week, non-exempt positions, eligible for overtime.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Mayflower at Winter Park provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Medical and dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Must be at least eighteen years old.
- Previous experience as a server preferred.
- English (Preferred)
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
Related keywords: server, restaurant, server restaurant, server
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
To keep our employees and residents safe, our employees wear masks, we temperature check, complete a daily questionnaire and look for symptoms with both employees and residents. We use hand sanitizer and keep our community clean and sanitized.