If you're looking for the chance to learn, grow, and make a contribution to the community, look at employment opportunities with Full Sail University. You'll find your choice of career opportunities, great benefits, an environment that welcomes and values creativity, and a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding!
The Game Design Master of Science program curriculum focuses on user experience research, production, game design, and a capstone process that allows students to take an active role in the process of game development. Course Directors should possess knowledge and experience of academic research, user experience research, production, game design, and related industries such as simulation. Course Directors will work in a variety of courses across the degree program to help students learn and achieve their goals. Full Sail is an environment that welcomes and values creativity, and a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding. Course Directors may be required to teach both on-campus and online, including the support of capstone activities. All positions are full time, on-campus in Winter Park, FL.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create an environment of learning through effective teaching skills, maintain student-centered focus, and update curriculum to keep current and relevant to industry standards.
- Utilize a variety of teaching strategies and encourage active learning.
- Create learning activities, including assignments, tests, quizzes and labs, and assess student outcomes in a timely manner through effective assessment and constructive feedback to students to support the learning process.
- Perform lectures for campus courses, and hold scheduled virtual course meetings for online courses. Teaching will be conducted through on-campus and online delivery.
- Interact positively with diverse student populations; provide all students with equal opportunities for learning.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the industry, maintain knowledge and skill relevancy through continuing education as defined in the faculty development plan.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of Full Sail University
- Maintains strict confidentiality of student and company information
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Adheres to company attendance standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: Oversee the integrity of curriculum and degree learning outcomes.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading and editing for grammar and punctuation
- Ability to provide detailed formative and summative feedback on student projects
- Ability to multi-task while working independently and collaboratively with other teachers and university staff
- Ability to interact professionally and constructively with students and staff at all levels in an immersive, fast-paced environment
Education and/or Experience:
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of four (4) years related and verifiable work experience and required to have a terminal degree in Game Design, Interactive Media Design, Computer Science, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Business, Human Factors Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related discipline from an accredited college or university.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Communication, teamwork, and flexibility/adaptability
- Empathy toward student issues/concerns
- Proficiency using software programs such as the MS Office Suite, MS Project, and Jira, and engines such as Unity and Unreal
- Experience in the game development industry
- At least two shipped major games preferred
- Experience in the simulation development industry
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in an office and classroom environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain active student and employee communication; access, input and retrieve information from the computer system. May be subject to; bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and lifting up to thirty (30) pounds.
Full Sail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.