Seminole State College of Florida has a great opportunity to join our team of diverse faculty and staff as a Grant Writer.
What does this position do?
This position provides grant research and proposal writing services to formally seek funding on behalf of the College and its strategic goals and priorities. Uses knowledge of College needs and interest to plan, research and source available funding opportunities; writes and submits competitive grant proposals within established deadlines and other proposal requirements.
What experience and skills are needed for this role?
1. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma.
2. Five years of experience as an administrative or executive assistant managing a complex office environment.
1. Associates Degree from an accredited institution.
2. Five years of experience working in direct support of a senior leader in management, operations, or advocacy role.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
1. Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
2. Proven analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
3. Ability to perform detailed and complex essential administrative tasks with a high degree of integrity.
4. Demonstrated ability to take initiative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
5. Ability to perform with minimum supervision and effectively exercise independent judgment.
6. Ability to be flexible and handle change effectively.
7. Knowledge of detailed processes in Enterprise Systems Software such as PeopleSoft.
8. Ability to exhibit a courteous, professional demeanor and interact effectively with internal and external constituents.
9. Committed to working in a multicultural environment.
10. Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Office Software Suite.
What do we offer?
In addition to being a part of a dynamic, diverse, and supportive learning community, employees at Seminole State receive competitive compensation and a robust total rewards package including:
- Annual Salary is $50,448 to $51,976 commensurate with experience and degree exceeding the required qualifications plus excellent benefits.
- A variety of health insurance plan options with wellness incentives, fully paid dental and life insurance coverage.
- Participation in the Florida Retirement System and other retirement options.
- Free classes, tuition reimbursement, and numerous professional and personal development opportunities.
- Excellent work-life balance:
- 37.5-hour work week.
- Paid leave benefits including vacation and sick leave accrued monthly.
- 9 annual paid holidays.
- Paid leave during winter break & spring break.
- Condensed 4-day workweek during the summer (may not be applicable to all departments).
Ready to join our team of talented faculty and staff and Go State…Go Far?
Visit our website at https://www.seminolestate.edu/hr/jobs and complete the online application prior to 11:59 pm on April 23, 2021. Do not forget to submit all required documentation, including resume, cover letter and optional letters of recommendation
Seminole State College is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, pregnancy, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, gender, veterans’ or military status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor protected under applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations in its programs, activities, and employment.