Experience Kissimmee is the official tourism authority for the Kissimmee destination and Osceola County, Florida. We promote the destination domestically and around the world to potential leisure, business, and sports travelers. Our team develops and implements sales, marketing and communications programs that encourage more than 9 million overnight guests annually. Our goal is to further our popular Central Florida destination’s reputation as being a top vacation spot by positioning Kissimmee as perfectly Whelmed – the perfect balance of thrilling adventures and relaxing moments.
Our Marketing and sales programs and campaigns highlight Kissimmee’s easy access to legendary theme parks and immersive outdoor experiences. Visitors can stay their way at more than 70,000 accommodations options, including 50,000 private vacation homes.
We work directly with our 900+ local Industry Partners to tell the Kissimmee story and all there is to see and do in this sunny location.
Experience Kissimmee is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant. This role is responsible for performing administrative and office support to the Events Management and Industry Partner Relations Teams.
Below are some of the major responsibilities of the position:
- Process invoices, CEO approval forms and check requests by accurately coding, routing, and delivering to Finance for payment in a timely manner. This includes departmental tracking and budget tracking of expenses.
- Work within the customer database (CRM) on a regular basis to ensure accurate up-to-date industry partner and event information is maintained. This includes invoicing, in-kind tracking, expense tracking and pulling reports on various trace notes. It also includes resolving data integrity issues within the CRM as well as overall maintenance of an online portal of information for partner organizations.
- Assists Directors with advertising sales process which includes contract tracking, advertising reports, and invoicing.
- Provide support to communication efforts to new and existing partner organizations this includes preparing and distributing letters and packets of information and monitoring departmental email inboxes and replying as needed.
- Coordinate the department’s request for promotional items and inventory needs through the CRM, including placing orders, picking items up at the warehouse and updating the list for inventory control. This includes the use of the organization’s project management system for promo items quotes, logo requests, etc.
- Responsible for in-person/virtual meeting set up for internal and external meetings between department team members and industry partners/visitors. This includes reserving meeting space, reserving company Zoom links, ordering food and beverage, preparing meeting materials, taking minutes as well as tearing down following the meeting.
- Order office supplies through appropriate channels for all assigned areas. This includes compiling and overseeing event supply list on a per event basis.
- Maintain company-wide event calendar. Also update event team calendar with project assignments.
- Prepare travel authorizations as needed on behalf of the Director of Event Management, Director of Industry Partner Relations and Planners (with estimates of travel, hotel, per diems) and routes for approval. Research and make travel arrangements for the Director of Event Management and Director of Industry Partner Relations.
- Prepare expense reports as needed and submit for approval and reimbursement on behalf of the Director of Event Management and Director of Industry Partner Relations.
- Establishes, develops, maintains, and updates electronic filing system for all assigned areas.
- Assist Event Management Team by working registration for local industry functions hosted by Experience Kissimmee.
- Prepare Director’s monthly reports on departmental activities including presentations to EK Staff and the Board of Directors. This includes the compilation of event data such as attendance, budget, and satisfaction surveys into a monthly report for Director’s review.
Required Education & Experience:
- Associates degree preferred and two years of related experience (of the 2 years one year minimum of database experience, specifically data entry experience and an understanding of data fields.). Will substitute experience for education.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite especially Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Daily experience working within a database (CRM).
- Requires strong communication skills, both verbal and written, organizational skills, both analytical and problem solving, and the ability to work with confidential documents.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and achieve deadlines under pressure.
We are a diverse group of high performing individuals working to make a positive impact on our community. Experience Kissimmee offers competitive benefits and a rewarding work experience. The organization pays for 80% of medical and dental premiums, 100% of basic term life insurance and 100% of short and long-term disability premiums. Experience Kissimmee also offers a competitive and generous Paid Time Off (PTO) plan and a safe harbor 401(k) plan.
We offer a competitive compensation package with an annual performance review process, opportunities for professional development and membership to professional organizations.
Experience Kissimmee is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with, and where applicable, in addition to federal, state and local employment regulations, Experience Kissimmee will provide employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or other such protected classes as may be defined by law. All personnel actions and programs will adhere to this policy. Personnel actions and programs include, but are not limited to recruitment, selection, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, educational programs and/or social activities.
Apply for Administrative Assistant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly