Orlando Health is currently seeking an Accountant, Sr. who will be responsible for general ledger accounting, various analyses and reconciliations, production of information used in corporate and consolidated financial statements and reports, detail review of the work of others, process improvement initiatives, liaison to external departments of accounting related issues, understanding of certain state and federal regulations, and other assignments and tasks for all areas assigned.
The selected candidate will preferably have Public Accounting experience, CPA licensure, and they must have strong excel skills to be successful in the role.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, finance or business field required.
Eight (8) years of experience in accounting required; hospital accounting experience preferred. Direct hospital accounting or related experience may be replaced with Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license or minimum one year experience in public accounting for large national CPA firm. Experience with complex general ledger system(s), Microsoft Office applications (Word, Access, and particularly proficient in Excel).
- Analyzes general ledger accounts and independently processes journal entries affecting financial statement segments that the
position is responsible for. Follows up to resolve any identified discrepancies in the general ledger accounts. Presents clear,
organized, concise reports of findings regarding fluctuations in account balances.
- Reviews analysis produced by accountants and clerical staff, makes recommendations for improvement or changes; presents
analyses to Finance department managers and/or directors for further review.
- Determines proper accounting under Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) in any area. Responsible for maintaining an understanding of all GAAP for areas of responsibility.
- Maintains complete and organized work papers, and provides to internal and external auditors as necessary, and facilitates the
completion of financial statements by providing accurate information from areas of responsibility.
- Assists in planning for and coordination of year-end audit. Insures that accountants complete client assistance listing from E&Y.
- Participates in installation and testing of any new g/l related software.