Hot Prep Cook Varies Shift- Health Central Park - Full Time
Department: PARK FOOD SERVICES
Status: Full Time
Address: 411 N Dillard St, Winter Garden FL 34787
Prepares food in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations.
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Must be able to speak, comprehend, read and write the English language.
Serve Safe Certification within 90 days of hire
One (1) year of experience as a cook in a full service restaurant or institutional setting, or the equivalent in training.
- Prepares and cooks food according to policy standards.
- Reviews and follows menus, production sheets, and spread sheets prior to preparation of food.
- Calculates recipes, adjusting to that day's resident census.
- Prepares patient tray line, cafeteria serving line, mobile serving line, and assists in the making of early/late trays.
- Prepares food for special functions.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of the most current Food Code, infection control procedures and HAACP guidelines.
- Inspects all diet trays to assure that the correct diet and texture ordered is served to the resident.
- Records temperatures, completes preparation for the next meal and pulls food items from the freezer as instructed.
- Develops and maintains a good working relationships with Dietary team members and other departments
- Communicates concerns and recommendations promptly to the Food and Nutrition Leadership team.
- Follows chain of command when communicating departmental and individual concerns or problems.
- Role-models excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Function
- Attends and participates in monthly meetings, in-services, and projects as directed.
- Exceeds Resident Satisfaction Survey goals.