Insurance Collections Analyst - Patient Accounting Physicians - Day - Orlando Health Heart Institute
The Orlando Health Physician Group is currently seeking an Insurance Collections Analyst to join their Patient Accounting department. The Insurance Collections Analyst is responsible for tracking, performing analysis and developing performance improvements to support and enhance processes within the Patient Financial Services Department.
- Associate's degree and/or experience on a 1:1 basis, offsetting experience must be in the field of Healthcare/Patient Financial Services.
- Must complete Orlando Health Patient Financial Services Professional Development program within one (1) year from date of hire
- Two (2) years Patient Access (Patient Business), Patient Accounting, billing or closely related experience required.
- Conducts analysis and outcome assessments on denials to formulate weekly spreadsheets for management review.
- Develops recommendations and presents proposals to management.
- Records process issues and maintain logs.
- Maintains all documentation for the Operations Improvement Teams within Patient Financial Services.
- Functions as a preceptor to assist trainers and liaisons in following-up with staff on educational issues in the workplace.
- Audits proper use of appeal letters and account flow from identification stage through resolution.