Maintenance Mechanic - Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical Center (ORMC)
Performs diverse duties including emergency and preventive maintenance of electrical distribution, mechanical, HVAC, power generation, plumbing, pneumatic tube system, medical gas systems, and building structures, as well as fulfill the requirements of various departments.
· Works with other trades as assigned.
· Collaborates with outside contractors as job permits.
· Works within the OSHA safety standards.
· Requisitions relevant supplies and tools.
· Solicits assistance of other Engineering department personnel for the efficient completion of assignments.
· Performs routine and emergency repair and maintenance on structures and equipment in assigned areas.
· Assists other engineering trades as required by workload or emergency situations, including inclement weather conditions.
· Detects and reports faulty equipment, improper operations, or unusual conditions to proper supervisor.
· Assists in maintaining records to ensure compliance with state, federal, and Joint Commission regulations.
· Coordinates, conducts, and documents all fire and life safety measures throughout the facility, including fire inspections, and procedure in conjunction with the Safety and Security departments.
· Trains other engineers in specific skills and conducts in-services as required.
· Maintains equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition.
· Follows all standards and prescribed safety regulations, including responding to Code Calls. •Performs minor repairs from verbal or written requests.
· Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
· Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
· Three (3) years' experience required involving trade applications or mechanical work to include automotive, industrial or hospitality.
· One (1) year experience required if a trade or vocational school graduate non-trade specific.
High school graduate or equivalent.