Physician Coder I - Orlando Health Patient Accounting - Day Shift - Orlando Health Heart Institute
Accuratelyand efficiently accesses hospital billing and information systems to secure andassemble all necessary physician records in order to accurately code and billprofessional physician and/or physician extender services.
· HS Diplomaor equivalent.
· Completionof coding certificate program required
· Computer/typingliteracy, working knowledge of Anatomy, Physiology and Medical terminologyrequired.
· Thoroughknowledge of CPT, ICD as evidenced by results of coding skills test.
Mustmaintain one of the following national certifications:
· CertifiedProfessional Coder-Apprentice (CPC-A) through the American Academy ofProfessional Coders renewed every year
· CertifiedProfessional Coder (CPC) through the American Academy of Professional Codersrenewed every year
· CertifiedCoding Specialist (CCS) through the American Health Information ManagementAssociation (AHIMA) renewed every year.
· CertifiedCoding Specialist-Physician (CCS-P) through the American Health InformationManagement Association
(AHIMA)renewed every year.
· CertifiedCoding Associate (CCA) through the American Health Information ManagementAssociation (AHIMA) renewed every year.
Minimum ofone year coding or billing experience in professional or physician practicecoding.
· Reviewsmedical records and codes physician services utilizing current ICD and CPTclassifications systems.
· Verifiesbillable physician services by reviewing physician documentation for adherenceto the “Physician At Teaching
Hospital”rules set forth by the federal government.
· Submits totheir Senior Coder any issues or trends found within the documentation of aparticular physician for
evaluationand follow up.
· Assemblesand inputs coding results into the current Practice Management billing systemin order to expedite proper
· Batches andbalances daily charges checking provider, place of service, date of service,referring physician, diagnoses
· Collaborateswith members of the specialty team to monitor and satisfy corporate financialgoals within their specialty.
· Interfaceswith the Central Business Office to ensure appropriate and complete follow upof patient accounts in order
· Communicateseffectively with physicians, physician extenders, physician offices, members ofthe coding team and
· Utilizesresource material available in department to support accurate coding practices.
· Maintainspatient confidentiality.
· Demonstratesgood communication skills both verbal and written.
· Providesdata for production reports
· Maintains90% accuracy rate.
· Maintainsreasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Healthpolicies, the ADA, FMLA and other
federal, stateand local standards.
· Maintainscompliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.