Registered Respiratory Therapist - ORMC Respiratory Therapy - Days
Department: ORMC Resp Ther Adult ICU
Status: Variable Full Time
Located on the downtown Orlando campus, Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical Center (ORMC) has served the Central Florida area for more than 100 years. Orlando Health ORMC is the flagship hospital of the Orlando Health system and one of the largest tertiary facilities in the region, offering the most advanced care available for surgical, medical, rehabilitative and emergency care needs, including serving as Central Florida's only Level One Trauma Center. The hospital provides a comprehensive continuum of care through leading-edge technology and expertise in trauma, heart, vascular, stroke, neuroscience, oncology, surgery and orthopedic care. This excellence in care has earned the hospital recognition from U.S. News & World Report as a “Best Hospital” in Central Florida and rated high performing in nine adult procedures and conditions. Thirteen hospital units at Orlando Health ORMC currently hold Beacon Awards for Excellence for exceptional nursing care from the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses, making it one of the highest-earning adult hospitals in the state.
The Registered Respiratory Therapist assess, treat, and care for patients with breathing disorders. Initiate and conduct therapeutic procedures; maintain patient records; And select, assemble, check and operate equipment.
- Associate of Science in Respiratory Care or Cardiopulmonary Sciences.
- Basic computer/mechanical training required.
- Maintains license as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the State of Florida Department of Health.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist credential from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC). RRTs registered on or after July 1, 2002 must maintain an active status with the (NBRC) and updated every five years. RRTs credentialed prior to July 1, 2002 are not required to renew every five years in accordance with the NBRC.
- Maintains current BLS/HealthCare Provider certification.
- Advanced Life Support as appropriate per unit and site.
- Demonstrates competency in respiratory therapeutics and in the use of non-invasive ventilators, pulmonary diagnostics and other equipment required for the provision of respiratory care.
- Maintains accurate and precise documentation.
- Demonstrates strong power of analytical reasoning and effectively blends patient care management skills with technical expertise.
- Communicates openly and effectively with all member of the healthcare team.
- Demonstrates proficiency in quality control and maintenance of arterial blood gas analyzers, specimen collection and analysis of blood for gas transport and acid/base determination.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age and medical condition of the patient.
- Demonstrates expertise in the areas of medical gas administration, environmental control systems, humidification, medication delivery, non-invasive ventilatory support, and cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Provides care for patients in non-critical care units.
- Instructs clinical practicum students.
- The Registered Respiratory Therapist staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit.
- The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the unit's/area's/department's policies and procedures.
ADDRESS: 1414 Kuhl Ave. (ORMC) Orlando FL 32806
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.