Cashier Food Service
Department: HW Food Nutrition
Status: Part Time
A Cashier is at the forefront of customer service, providing Orlando Health patients and guests with service above and beyond expectations to ensure a memorable food and dining experience.
Ability to read and recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
180 days previous cash handling experience required.
- Responsible for the efficient operation of the registers or other computerized order entry systems in the unit.
- Familiar with all pricing, preparing cash reports and cash reconciliation.
- Able to maintain efficient customer flow, while possessing good customer service skills, identifying correct portions and general maintenance and cleaning of all areas and equipment in the department including cash registers, beverage stations and take out stations.
- Responsible for the collection and safe keeping of all charge slips.
- Models essential service behaviors, such as excellent communication and customer service skills with patients, nursing staff, team members, and visitors, interacting cooperatively and constructively and communicating in an open, honest, gracious and compassionate manner at all times, including person to person, telephone and written forms.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
- Other Related Functions
- Participates in monthly departmental meetings and all related in-services and PI activities.
- Observes all departmental rules and regulations.
- Follows outlined portion controls, cafeteria cash procedures, patient tray and delivery standards.
- Fully aware of and follows all universal precautions as they apply to food service.
- Aware of and follows all Food Borne Illness prevention and sanitation requirements.
- Interact appropriately with a culturally diverse population.
- Follow chain of command when communicating departmental and individual concerns or problems.
- Knowledgeable of Patient Satisfaction goals. Work consistently to exceed the department's and Orlando Health's objectives by reporting concerns and suggesting creative ideas.
- Recognize that flexibility is paramount and change is continuous; the team member must embrace, encourage and drive change; approach situations and challenges with an open mind; work rotating shifts according to experience and business needs; be able and willing to be cross-trained in varied positions and performs all other duties as assigned.
ADDRESS: 10000 West Colonial Dr Ocoee FL 34761
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.