Department: DPH Environmental Services
Status: Part Time
The Environmental Housekeeper provides cleaning services to patient and non-patient areas.
Ability to read and recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers. Must have good working knowledge and be capable of accessing and using all department related computer systems such as but not limited to the Bed Management systems.
Must be able to complete required mandatory educational training.
- As a self-motivated Team Member, the individual must adhere to all Standards of Behavior, exhibit excellent customer service skills, and capable of functioning and working in a cohesive team environment.
- Communicates with patients, visitors and customers using appropriate designated scripting and engagement techniques.
- To achieve a Superior Facility Image, this position is responsible for the cleaning and disinfecting of patient rooms, and ancillary areas to include, but not limited to bathrooms, public areas, corridors, medication storage rooms as directed by licensed clinical staff and any other areas that may require attention using designated and appropriate chemicals and cleaning procedures.
- Cleans in-patient and non-patient rooms to include, but not limited to patient bed, furniture, light fixtures, ceiling vents, windows, window coverings/blinds, restroom/bathroom fixtures, IV poles, Murphy beds, other designated patient room equipment, floors and carpets.
- Replenishes supplies as needed, remove bio-medical waste, trash and soiled linen as required on a daily basis and changes cubicle/window curtains as needed. Accomplishes these functions by pushing and pulling cleaning carts, moving supplies and equipment, carrying buckets, operating equipment such as vacuum cleaners, and climbing a ladder as needed.
- Completes patient room and bathroom cleaning daily to accommodate discharges/admissions and overall cleanliness standards utilizing the approved procedures for patient room cleaning to include Bed Management systems where applicable.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Adheres to all Standards of Precaution, SDS and Hand Hygiene directives.
- Capable of completing Patient room cleaning processes utilizing the 7 Step cleaning method when performing Environmental Housekeeper duties.
- Must complete all mandatory training as designated and required.
- Attends of in-services.
- Participates in departmental quality assurance and improvement activities as appropriate.
- Must be able to maintain productivity and volume standards established for the assigned facility.
- Keeps current with all policies and procedures of the hospital and the department.
- Participates in other related duties not directly assigned.
ADDRESS: 9400 Turkey Lake Rd. (Dr. P. Phillips Hospital) Orlando FL 32819
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.