Department: ORMC Food & Nutrition Services
Status: Variable Full Time
The Grill Cook will be preparing food items to provide the highest quality of service to customers at all time in a timely manner.
- Ability to read and recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
Six(6) months of fast food production or kitchen food production.
- The primary responsibility of the Grill Cook is to provide the highest quality of service to customers at all time and in a timely manner.
- Other essential responsibilities include preparing food items by following recipes and/or product directions for; preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, and serving foods from the Grill, Theme or Pizza areas.
- Follows all production plans as assigned by shift Supervisor.
- Knows basic food preparation techniques including receiving, storing, preparing, cooking to order and holding food items.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of food service sanitation and practices infection control procedures.
- Is familiar with all practices and procedures of the HACCP guidelines and adheres to them.
- Communicates proper information regarding customer and department needs to the Executive Chef, Food & Nutrition Supervisor, Group Leaders and peers of the food service team.
- Demonstrates a willingness to help on work that needs to be done, will help other areas of Food & Nutrition when necessary.
- Complies with all hospital CTE & standards of performance.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Participates in monthly departmental QA/QI activities and all related services.
- Observes all departmental rules and regulations.
- Follows proper portion controls and menu preparation.
- Follows all universal precautions as they apply to food services.
- Completes temperature logs as needed.
- Follows daily cleaning duties.
ADDRESS: 1414 Kuhl Ave. (ORMC) Orlando FL 32806
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.